White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/05/07 (W)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 11:32 AM)
Owens CF

Erstad RF

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Fields 3B

Podsednik LF

Uribe SS

Richar 2B

that could be the lightest hitting outfield ever

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 11:34 AM)
that could be the lightest hitting outfield ever

I was just about to say the same thing....

At least it isn't a TOTAL Sunday line-up.....

That being said, lets kick some ass today!!

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 05:35 PM)
Gavin really does have a nice breaking ball, he needs to find consistancy with it though.

He's got a good sinker going right now, but so far I've only seen two pitches from him (as a starter). If these next few starts don't go well, I really hope they try and convert him to a reliever full-time. Tell him to let loose with his fastball a bit and put some more 'bite' on his curve because he's only going to be out there for an inning.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
He's got a good sinker going right now, but so far I've only seen two pitches from him (as a starter). If these next few starts don't go well, I really hope they try and convert him to a reliever full-time. Tell him to let loose with his fastball a bit and put some more 'bite' on his curve because he's only going to be out there for an inning.

His fastball definitely has some good movement right now. He did feature a change or two in his last start. He's obviously not real comfortable with that pitch but maybe it could just be a "show me" pitch.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
I have to laugh at the posters that say Gavin has "zero stuff"

He needs to learn how to be a "pitcher", but the stuff is there.

The stuff is there. All he needs to do is throw it for strikes and the rest will work itself out.

It helps that they're winning, but this team is a helluva lot more enjoyable right now. My only hopes are that they're able to deal Podsednik for a live arm by the August 31st deadline (BP suggested they're going to do so), and a decent two-month stretch by Jerry Owens doesn't convince the Sox that he's anything more than a fourth OFer.

Yikes -- Josh must be hungover.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 12:59 PM)
It helps that they're winning, but this team is a helluva lot more enjoyable right now. My only hopes are that they're able to deal Podsednik for a live arm by the August 31st deadline (BP suggested they're going to do so), and a decent two-month stretch by Jerry Owens doesn't convince the Sox that he's anything more than a fourth OFer.

Yikes -- Josh must be hungover.

I agree. I now don't dread having tickets for the rest of the season.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 01:01 PM)
Fields is talented but he is not a fundamentally sound baseball player, at least not yet.

Could be a lack of baseball experience. When you play football in college, even if you are on the baseball team, you do miss out on a lot of playing.