How can you tell if a girl is uninterested or just playing hard to get

WhiteSoxFan1

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 06:41 PM)
ask one of her friends.

I honestly just went through this last week.

Im only friends with her cousin, which they are like best friends. Anything and everything I say, will get to this girl I like immediatly thats the only problem. However, if anyone would know exactly whats going on, its her. I feel like its more drama tho if I try to scope anything through her cousin. However itd be able to rest much easier with a clear answer.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
Yikes.. :o

First of all I just want to say I am sooooo glad I am an old married hag and out of the "dating game".

As for her actions.. seems she's waaaayyy immature. Kissing and crabbing is something I remember from back in middle school. Asking about other females you talk to is a sure sign of insecurity, and texting your friend makes it clear she's playing games. IMO, leave her be and if she wants something she'll come to you. You guys are waaay to young to be dating exclusively anyway. What ever happened to "playing the field"? Back in the day... most guys did that until at least junior year of college.

you got crabs in middle school????

ewww.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
Im only friends with her cousin, which they are like best friends. Anything and everything I say, will get to this girl I like immediatly thats the only problem. However, if anyone would know exactly whats going on, its her. I feel like its more drama tho if I try to scope anything through her cousin. However itd be able to rest much easier with a clear answer.

i honestly responded before readin this entire thread.

You don't want a girl that's going to be shady like that, it won't change later.

Personally, I like girls I've got good chemistry with. I don't want to wind up scheming. s***, if I want to scheme, it'll be for scheme-things. Sex and romance aren't a scheme and I have no interest in "plotting" to talk to a girl or her friends or whatever bulls***. I've gotten much better at just letting go and matching up instead of thinking what to say and just letting natural charm take over.

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
Well based on everything, ruined or not.

What gives me the BEST chance to get back into the game involving this girl?

Leave it alone. If it's meant to be it will happen. Not what you want to hear, but it's the best course of action, IMO. Good luck.

These are the experiences that will allow you to find someone that really works for you. I have been through many bad relationships with game players, high maint women, sports-haters, cubs fans, no personalities, and other issues. Its those failed ones that will help you in the long run.

IN this situation, honestly dont think about it, and see if she comes to you. Thats the only way thats its going to happen for ya.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
I feel like a political consultant. I mean, I am, but now it's on two fronts.

Just don't say anything embarrassing, wear power clothes and smile.

Or: reply to what she asks with a straight forward answer.

do high school class presidents really require political consultants?

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
Ok so im gonna play it cool and continue life as scheduled, but if by the off chance she texts me, how do you guys suggest I play it?

wait for awhile to respond, and then continue acting like there is something better going on than her.

I cant believe im telling you to f*** with her, but it seems to me this is the type of girl that demands that action.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
Ok so im gonna play it cool and continue life as scheduled, but if by the off chance she texts me, how do you guys suggest I play it?

Didn't you have this same kind of stuff goin on with some other chick a couple months ago??? You got a lot of female drama goin on dude.

Yea I dont get attached as easy as some of these threads suggest. I go to parties weekly, and meet new girls constantly, but when I fall, it tends to be pretty hard. Once I do its pretty much give or take, however I dont get all mushy and clingy giving out feelings. I keep it bottled up and post it on here. :lolhitting However, body language and small mistakes im sure kill me in anyway. Women can sense s*** like this.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
Yea I dont get attached as easy as some of these threads suggest. I go to parties weekly, and meet new girls constantly, but when I fall, it tends to be pretty hard. Once I do its pretty much give or take, however I dont get all mushy and clingy giving out feelings. I keep it bottled up and post it on here. :lolhitting However, body language and small mistakes im sure kill me in anyway. Women can sense s*** like this.

maybe she wanted to be the only chick in the relationship :ph34r: :D

Her interest level doesn't seem too high. Next time you see her at a party you can say hi like shes just any other girl and then go and talk to a bunch of other girls and friends in front of her and then talk to her after. Feel her out.

If you guys actually do begin talking again then try to go out on a date again. If she flakes out again then forget about her. She isn't interested and nothings going to happen. It will only make matters worse if you continue after her... like make you look desperate.

Like others have said, she seems immature. She also seems like a lot of young girls though. All she probably wants to do is party right? I wouldn't look for a real relationship. Just some fun at a party...

Well, based on what happened the last time you were in this predicament I think its fairly obvious to most here that youre not going to listen to anyone here. It seems you are just hoping somebody will tell you to chase her so you feel justified.

Younger girls like this are simply playing games and like a challenge. If this girl knows she has all the power with you she is going to lose interest. Since it appears that anytime she text or calls you that youre gonna blush and giggle and text her right back (45 minutes is quick enough) If you want a chance with this girl, which you shouldnt, make her feel like she should be chasing you. Act completely aloof when you talk to her like youre not interested in what shes saying. if she texts you, dont text her back until the next day and just respond by saying you were busy. The only chance you have of pulling this off is if you can get her to wonder why you seem so standoffish and it intrigues her, like you suddenly became a challenge.

If that doesnt work here is some other ideas:

Become rich or at least get a high profile job

Give her tequila

Ask one of her friends to go out on a date with you

Tell her you are an active member in PETA

Go to a car dealership and test drive a nice car (at least 50k) and drive around her neighborhood till she sees you and throw her a westside

Refer to yourself in the third person and if anyone questions your motives for doing so introduce them to your pimp hand

Find the most promiscuous girl in town and bring her to a party where shell be attending

Where an eyepatch the next time you see her and when she asks you what happened tell her the first rule of what happened is you cant tell her what happened

Tell her your dad is Steve Forbes

Ill think of more later, one of these is bound to work though

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 08:15 PM)
Whats the point of her asking me whats up, if shes not gonna follow up after I answer?

Hint: she doesn't really care what's up. Stop texting her back so soon and keep it to a sentence or less.

Start ignoring this girl even to the point of being a dick if you're looking to get with her.

Yes, I know you want to hear something out of everyone, especially me. Can I just say one thing? Run!!! It sounds like she's the kind of girl that manipulates the guy to be her b****. Firstly, why did you make her text first? And, why didn't you just call her? Texting is so lame. Her excuse seemed legit for her family, so I'd take her word.

I don't drink or party but the fact that she ignored you after you two were all over each other at the party means you did something that wasn't to be desired by her high maintenanced standards. She is definitely not interested in you when she gave a crappy hug and exchanged a half-ass goodbye.

Again with the texting. Doesn't talking to someone on the phone or in person seem to be a bit better? The point is, whatever momentum you had, you may have blew your chance. All in all, however, it seems to be the wrong kind of girl unless you want a drama queen running all over your mind and emotions.

Might I suggest instead of running to strangers on the internet for advice (as I once did about four years ago) that you read "Real Men Don't Apologize" by Jim Belushi? You will be in good shape after you read that.

Edited by Beastly