How can you tell if a girl is uninterested or just playing hard to get

WhiteSoxFan1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 03:38 AM)
You're trying too hard and pushing things.

She was at the party to meet people and have fun, not to be assaulted by your tongue and harassed via text message.

If she wants to see you again, she'll find you.

Knightni brings up a few good points, all of which are in "Real Men Don't Apologize" by Jim Belushi. Did anyone ever read this book?

I understand where hes going but thats not the case. I know shes interested (or was) I just dont know how much. I was told from people that talked to her that she wanted me to make a move, which I did. I honestly think shes playing hard to get, OR shes undecided if she wants a relationship.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
I understand where hes going but thats not the case. I know shes interested (or was) I just dont know how much. I was told from people that talked to her that she wanted me to make a move, which I did. I honestly think shes playing hard to get, OR shes undecided if she wants a relationship.

Then, be a dork, play dumb, and out of the blue, ask her how she feels if you have a chance to on a date.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)

i love the whole undecided on being in a relationship thing; especially when it's such a lie usually

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
i love the whole undecided on being in a relationship thing; especially when it's such a lie usually

Im not saying thats something she said, im just giving my own conclusions. I agree that is kind of bulls*** and if I heard that, id just "take the hint"

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 02:17 PM)
No way, too insecure. If I ask her out again I gotta do it in a confident way.

I hate to be the one to break this news to you, but your threads reek of insecurity. :P

Talk to the girl directly or let her come to you. You'll never know the real story til you hear it directly from her mouth.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
Would it be harmful to joke about her texting me instead of calling, the next time she sends a text?

No offense, but get a life. This is your third or fourth thread like this during the baseball season, all with different girls. Every one of them you say "this is the love of my life" and then a month or so later, you come back for more, with a different "love of my life" sob story about how they are toying with you. If you come here for advice, no wonder they don't like you.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
No offense, but get a life. This is your third or fourth thread like this during the baseball season, all with different girls. Every one of them you say "this is the love of my life" and then a month or so later, you come back for more, with a different "love of my life" sob story about how they are toying with you. If you come here for advice, no wonder they don't like you.

trying to find the clip from Flight of the Conchords where Jermaine tells Bret that you only get "1" true love...and Bret asks Jermaine how many "1's" he's had...he responds with "5".

stupid youtube, you failed me.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
Would it be harmful to joke about her texting me instead of calling, the next time she sends a text?

I think this would be very harmful, Don't do that. I think you should play hard to get and don't call her or text her for 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe even a month.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
I think this would be very harmful, Don't do that. I think you should play hard to get and don't call her or text her for 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe even a month.

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?

Trent: A day.

Mike: Tomorrow.

Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.

Trent: Yeah.

Mike: So two days?

Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.

Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.

Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?

Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.

Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...

Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.

Charles: Then ask her where you met her.

Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we farked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?

Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.

Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?

Trent, Sue: Six days.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)

It's like you read my mind. That's a scary thought.

If you have a question you want answered...ask her. If you don't care...don't ask. You see, the thing about ignoring someone is it is an active act. You have to think about ignoring and then you are constantly thinking if the ignoring works. I'm not saying be aloof, but...well, be aloof.

Basically, s*** or get off the pot my man.

I agree, I dont know why im thinking so much about this. Again last night she just ignored my text completely. So I figure tonight im just going to call her, and ill get a much better judgement based on that. I should be able to tell what her deal is based on that.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1