• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical of the season.

Thome, Paulie and AJ can win it.

They do nothing.

Bad seasons from the three of 'em plus Jermaine of course.

I guess Paulie's walk was acceptable.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 03:11 AM)
Typical of the season.

Thome, Paulie and AJ can win it.

They do nothing.

Bad seasons from the three of 'em plus Jermaine of course.

I guess Paulie's walk was acceptable.

When was the last time Thome hit an 8th or 9th inning game winning hit for the Sox? Thats right its never happend.. lets face it, the dudes not clutch. AJ has proven to be clutch, but he gets too damn excited up there during these situations. Stone and Hawk were very unique tonite together, i kinda enjoyed it. Danks and the bullpen did a heck of a job. One duck snort cost us the game. Westbrook pitched very well. It doesn't get easier tommorow vs Sabathia.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
why the hell didn't he let owens try and steal, then sacrifice??

I was thinking why sacrifice at all when you're 2/2 in stolen bases already with neither being close. Giving away outs in the 9th inning is not something I like when you only have 2 hits to that point. I was begging for the steal of 3rd after the sacrifice and Owens would've scored on the Thome fly ball had he done it.

that was a horrible decision for the sac bunt. Let Owens steal. You got Borowski on the mound and Martinez behind the plate, you could pretty much walk into second base if you're Jerry Owens. Odds are that he steals 2B, then you put down the sac bunt, and have Thome hit the sac fly.

Such a shame Danks has to get a loss for this.

Uribe provides nothing to this team anymore. He waves a nice ole at the ball thats reachable, but of course getting off his feet a bit to stop it would require effort. Swinging for the fence like a mope, and playing crappy defense is the hallmark of his play. If he is on this team, then everything Ozzie said about playing the game the right way or you dont play for me was more crap than we think.

I also thought the sacrifice was a ridunkolous call. I mean when your speed guy gets on base in the 9th, it is suppose to be to your advantage because you don't have to waste an out on a sacrifice. If Owens is thrown out there, then so be it, but to waste outs when you have 2 hits all game is nuts.