White Sox vs. Indians, 8/08/07 (W)

Brian

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
Tonight's lineup:

Owens CF

Fields 3B

Konerko DH

Dye RF

Erstad 1B

Gonzalez 2B

Podsednik LF

Uribe SS

Hall C

My God. I thought this was a joke. GameDay seems to agree with this.

The only plausible explanation is Ozzie set this lineup so that when CC Sabathia saw it he'd start laughing without any control until he injured himself. Sabathia could very well no-hit this lineup with 20+ strikeouts if he treads gently with PK and Dye.

What an utterly hilarious lineup.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
My God. I thought this was a joke. GameDay seems to agree with this.

The only plausible explanation is Ozzie set this lineup so that when CC Sabathia saw it he'd start laughing without any control until he injured himself. Sabathia could very well no-hit this lineup with 20+ strikeouts if he treads gently with PK and Dye.

What an utterly hilarious lineup.

Mind boggling, absolutely mind boggling.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
Mind boggling, absolutely mind boggling.

I know it. At first I thought it was just a joke. Then I went over to GameDay and I honestly busted out laughing. I love the sox and I hope they win tonight, but this lineup is really incredible.

Against CC Sabathia...powerful lefty throwing high 90s

1-Owens-punch and judy lefty...CC probably can tell Owens where the fastball will be and he wont hit it

2-Josh-Love this kid...he's going to be special, but Josh has swung through 88mph pitches on the heart before...add 10mph to it

3-PK-We got a chance with him

4-Dye-Another chance

5-Erstad-Are you kidding me? In the 5 hole? Grinderstad should never play against lefties, let alone that can throw this kinda stuff at you

6-A.Gonzalez-My lord...this is like breaking a chickens leg before you put him into a pen with a wolf

7-Pods-LMMFAO...Game plan here...Pods should just hold the bat out over the plate and maybe CC will accidentally hit it

8-Uribe-Dude is hitting .214...if he had to face pitchers like Sabathia every game he'd be hitting .14

9-Hall-Logical choice here. AJP needed a day off. I am OK with this decision

If CC doesn't go at least 7 inninigs with double digit strikeouts then he needs to submit a urine sample.

QUOTE(frankie5angels @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 07:00 PM)
Danks next start will be skipped. Floyd is starting saturday and Jose on sunday, per CTL.

I assume just to give him a rest. No big problem with me.

Also, tonights lineup is disf***ingusting.

Let's see here: we want to make a late run at a playoff berth. However, we get runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out and as usual don't prouce and drive in that run. Something doesn't add up here.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
Someone tell Steve Stone that Fields would have gotten nailed had he starting running immediately.

true, i think he spoke and then instead of correcting himself... pretended like he was still right.