Sox @ A's 8/15 9:05 CT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
for the record, owens was safe at first in the 9th last night.

why i'm still fuming i have no idea - it makes no sense.

Cuz if the right call is made, our hottest hitter was coming up facing a lefty, which he kills.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
for the record, owens was safe at first in the 9th last night.

why i'm still fuming i have no idea - it makes no sense.

Everyone that saw the replays knows he was safe. Hope we can will one tonight behind Buehrle!

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
Not sure. Just didn't see him in the lineup. Paulie is DH. Grinderstand is at 1st.

Erstad must get his at bats somewhere. I'm sure Jim's fine.

(Actually, it's really not a bad idea for Jim to sit for a game a week to 10 days or so just to try to keep him a little healthier anyway. That would be especially important if we ever could make a playoff run)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 01:49 AM)
Erstad must get his at bats somewhere. I'm sure Jim's fine.

(Actually, it's really not a bad idea for Jim to sit for a game a week to 10 days or so just to try to keep him a little healthier anyway. That would be especially important if we ever could make a playoff run)

Agreed, no reason to play him every game the rest of the way. However, it would be a lot smarter to sit him against a lefty starter.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 06:50 PM)
Agreed, no reason to play him every game the rest of the way. However, it would be a lot smarter to sit him against a lefty starter.

Dude, that would make Erstad look bad because he'd have to face the lefty.

I don't think it took the replay to see that Owens was safe. I was so pissed at that call I screamed "OH COME ON" and just turned the TV off. It's frustrating enough watching this team lose legit. Bad calls make me so very, very, very angry. It's why I can't really watch basketball anymore.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
Richar doesn't seem to be ready for the majors.

How many times have we said that phrase concerning White Sox prospects? Richar must have been informed after leaving Arizona that immediate success just doesn't work for this organization.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 07:25 PM)
Richar doesn't seem to be ready for the majors.

There is simply nothing else he's going to learn in the minors right now. He's very raw, and has been at every level, but as he's grown into each level, his numbers have gone up. He's going to struggle for a while, but at least we have the option for him to struggle in the big leagues while we're not in a pennant chase.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 02:44 AM)
How many times have we said that phrase concerning White Sox prospects? Richar must have been informed after leaving Arizona that immediate success just doesn't work for this organization.

People really have to stop paying attention to AAA numbers....that league is such a joke this year. Richar's swing just looks incredibly weak.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 02:44 AM)
There is simply nothing else he's going to learn in the minors right now. He's very raw, and has been at every level, but as he's grown into each level, his numbers have gone up. He's going to struggle for a while, but at least we have the option for him to struggle in the big leagues while we're not in a pennant chase.

You know that I want him to be getting at-bats in the majors right now. It's sickening we have to watch Erstad, Pods, and Cintron still play.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
People really have to stop paying attention to AAA numbers....that league is such a joke this year. Richar's swing just looks incredibly weak.

No question the International League is pathetic. Floyd rates second overall in ERA if anyone needed proof.

Richar struggling immediately is more of the same with prospects and this team.