Sox @ A's 8/15 9:05 CT - CSN

knightni

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
No question the International League is pathetic. Floyd rates second overall in ERA if anyone needed proof.

Richar struggling immediately is more of the same with prospects and this team.

Richar was having quite a bit of success with the D-Backs AAA affiliate also.

Look, the kid's raw, he's been raw at every level, he has taken some time to adapt to every level. But at least he has some talent.

There was nothing that anyone in the minors was going to be able to teach him that could have avoided this. He is just going to have to learn how to hit big league pitching, but he certainly has the ability to do so.

Edited by Balta1701

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
It just baffles my mind how bad they've looked in the games I've seen recently.

Honestly, is it really that baffling?

The team consists of:

Pods and Erstad (who we were both against carrying prior to the season)

Owens (who I've called a future 4-5th outfielder for going on 2 years now)

Richar (a guy I'd never heard of before we traded for him)

Cintron (who was poor last year, had a LATE off-season surgery, and looked f***ing brutal on the rare occasion that he did play in ST)

Fields (who looks great on occasion, but also looks really out of place at times)

Uribe (who even though I was for his sticking around, is nothing more than a low-OBP power hitting slick fielding shortstop, who has seen his defense and power slide)

Be thankful there's some major league talent on the pitching staff. Otherwise this would be the worst Sox team of our lifetime. It still might be.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 03:35 AM)
Honestly, is it really that baffling?

The team consists of:

Pods and Erstad (who we were both against carrying prior to the season)

Owens (who I've called a future 4-5th outfielder for going on 2 years now)

Richar (a guy I'd never heard of before we traded for him)

Cintron (who was poor last year, had a LATE off-season surgery, and looked f***ing brutal on the rare occasion that he did play in ST)

Fields (who looks great on occasion, but also looks really out of place at times)

Uribe (who even though I was for his sticking around, is nothing more than a low-OBP power hitting slick fielding shortstop, who has seen his defense and power slide)

Be thankful there's some major league talent on the pitching staff. Otherwise this would be the worst Sox team of our lifetime. It still might be.

And add on Konerko's recent struggles, and Thome looking awful at the plate, and I can see where you're going with this.

Good things?

Fields has his average up to .257

Wasserman can get people out

Mark pitched solid tonight

The bad?

Erstad has no business being anything other than a bench player

Richar is hitting .162

Pods is ... well Pods

The 2007 Chicago White Sox

So the entire season our offense has sucked.

Amazing.

Good thing the ball was lively during our WS year.

Good to see another rookie suck at the plate in Richar.

My gawd, this is the season from hell.

Now we are god awful again.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 11:05 PM)
So the entire season our offense has sucked.

Amazing.

Good thing the ball was lively during our WS year.

Good to see another rookie suck at the plate in Richar.

My gawd, this is the season from hell.

Now we are god awful again.

Well according to DJ last night, the problem with Richar is that after he came to the bigs he started all of a sudden pulling everything, but not to worry because he has been working with Greg Walker. I love it when a hitting coach has people like Uribe who cant hit a lick, yet he feels the need to "work" with our young line drive hitting guy.

On another note, KW needs to really concentrate on what he can put on the bench next year. Ozzie's propensity to overplay his "toys" really creates chaos and ruins games. Example A is why in the world of f*** is Grinderstand and Pods starting all of the time. Its another case of lets sprinkle some poo on the field and hope it turns to fairy dust. If the Glass brothers are on this team next year, our manager will start them.

Edited by southsideirish71

Well according to DJ last night, the problem with Richar is that after he came to the bigs he started all of a sudden pulling everything, but not to worry because he has been working with Greg Walker. I love it when a hitting coach has people like Uribe who cant hit a lick, yet he feels the need to "work" with our young line drive hitting guy.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 11:50 PM)

On another note, KW needs to really concentrate on what he can put on the bench next year. Ozzie's propensity to overplay his "toys" really creates chaos and ruins games. Example A is why in the world of f*** is Grinderstand and Pods starting all of the time. Its another case of lets sprinkle some poo on the field and hope it turns to fairy dust. If the Glass brothers are on this team next year, our manager will start them.

Whether it's Erstand and Pods or new faces of the same ilk, Guillen is going to have his boys. So the solution is to get rid of Guillen.

Guillen values speed in a leadoff hitter more than OBP. It's poor philosophy that hurts the franchise.