GAME TWO!!!!

Kalapse

Two items featured on the WGN pregame which annoyed me. One, is the amount of time spent boasting the ratio of Boston fans to Sox fans. I understand pointing it out once, but seriously, Dan Rohn (?) went on..and on....and on.. about it. Boston is in first place and travels well; we're in last place. There should be no one suprised. Second was Hawk/DJ suggesting how NO ONE could have predicted the failures of this ballclub. ORLY? So Baseball Prospectus, myself and others around Soxtalk had no idea this team would struggle? I had this team winning 82 games in March. Others were more pessimistic than that.

And how about Garland earlier this afternoon? Embarrassing. Williams should have traded him before the deadline. He'll regret it over the offseason.

Re. Garland,

You can't judge anything right now about Garland and the others.

The team is a wasted piece of s*** this season.

The veterans gave up long ago.

I don't know who you want in your rotation, but Garland is as good a pitcher to plug in there as anybody else you are going to come up with.

Last place ... get used to it. They're gonna be there a while.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
Re. Garland,

You can't judge anything right now about Garland and the others.

The team is a wasted piece of s*** this season.

The veterans gave up long ago.

I don't know who you want in your rotation, but Garland is as good a pitcher to plug in there as anybody else you are going to come up with.

Last place ... get used to it. They're gonna be there a while.

If Garland has given up and has put up wretched numbers for the past month and a half because he just doesn't care enough to try anymore then he's a complete fool. With each horrid outing Jon churns out he only costs himself tens of millions of dollars more on that next big contract.

Perhaps he's faltering now not because the season is lost but because in reality he's a league average starter and for the first 3+ months of the season he was pitching out of his mind and had to come back to earth sooner or later in order to finish the season with the same numbers he's had since he broke into the league (aside from that anomaly in 2005), a ~4.50 ERA, and ~1.33 WHIP.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
[green?]At least we get the 2nd pick in the draft.[/green?]

I had a ticket just behind the redsox dug out for this game #2. I told my son to sell our tickets. He didn't want to go either. They are playing not one year you are playing for the division 2 years later you are playing for derision.

You made the right call Forrest. What a horrible game this has been.

Schilling is killing the weak-ass Sox lineup.

I do commend you for going to Game One. Our fans have been awesome this year supporting this horrible horrible team.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
[green?]At least we get the 2nd pick in the draft.[/green?]

I had a ticket just behind the redsox dug out for this game #2. I told my son to sell our tickets. He didn't want to go either. They are playing not one year you are playing for the division 2 years later you are playing for derision.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
That was a ridiculous decision to let Hall play hurt.

To see such a big guy be a singles hitter is sad. Hope he's not around next year.

At the rate we're going with Hall, he'll have the surgery in the offseason, take spring training and thereafter several months to rehabilitate, then come back in June when we're already 10+ games out of the division.

I'm not too confident for next season, but I'd rather have Toby as a healthy backup than paying some other scrub additional money.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
That was a ridiculous decision to let Hall play hurt.

To see such a big guy be a singles hitter is sad. Hope he's not around next year.

He could have had the operation been healing up and ready to play now. What is our % of throwing out basestealers 6%. We need the veteran guidemenship of a Tobey Hall who might be there but for what he produced we could have found another Widger or Widger while he was out with surgery.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)
If Hall underwent surgery, our backup catcher might be GregoryPratt right now.

Pratt's dislocated shoulders and f***ed up legs wouldn't even dare to endure a life as a catcher. He'd make Pods' arm look like Vlads compared to his own.