Sox vs Sox | Now

Kalapse

Outscored 46-7 in a four game series....I'm not sure I recall such a travesty during my lifetime.

Good to see Andy Gonzalez and Josh Fields produce in their new positions. Its also good to see how well our offense has been clicking with Ozzie's new obsession with the lefty-righty-lefty-righy lineups.

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
It's one thing to lose....it's another to look like you don't belong on the field.

White Sox have a chance at history tomorrow

No team in the last 50 years (could be longer, I can't easily search before then) has allowed 10+ runs in 5 consecutive games.

After today, the White Sox are the only team in the last 50 years to allow 10+ runs in 4 consecutive games twice. 9 teams have done it once.

Since 2001, Atlanta is the only team that has scored 10+ runs in 4 games in a row. And they did it twice, one 4 game streak this year, and a 5 game streak last year. Boston now joins them.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)

No team in the last 50 years (could be longer, I can't easily search before then) has allowed 10+ runs in 5 consecutive games.

After today, the White Sox are the only team in the last 50 years to allow 10+ runs in 4 consecutive games twice. 9 teams have done it once.

Since 2001, Atlanta is the only team that has scored 10+ runs in 4 games in a row. And they did it twice, one 4 game streak this year, and a 5 game streak last year. Boston now joins them.

Wow. Well this is quite the historical team we got on our hands this season.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)

And we have Jose Contreras on the hill tomorrow...Should I take the day off work and go to the game to see history?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
No hard feelings, it's hard to tell a joke when everybody rips the Red Sox here.

:cheers

I have nothing against the Red Sox, I have a lot of issues with their rude and inane fan base that infiltrated our park this weekend.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 01:59 PM)
Outscored 46-7 in a four game series....I'm not sure I recall such a travesty during my lifetime.

Good to see Andy Gonzalez and Josh Fields produce in their new positions. Its also good to see how well our offense has been clicking with Ozzie's new obsession with the lefty-righty-lefty-righy lineups.

"The Red Sox outscored Chicago 46-7 in the series. Boston scored at least 10 runs in each game, only the fourth time that has happened in a four-game series since 1900, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. It's the first time it has happened in the American League in 85 years."

So unless you are 85, you are correct.