2008 Amateur draft

BamaDoc

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 02:19 AM)
None of that matters. Best available player in the MLB draft, that's all that matters.

if that were true the drays wouldn't have taken price #1 overall it would've been Rick Porcello.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 07:43 PM)
if that were true the drays wouldn't have taken price #1 overall it would've been Rick Porcello.

Well I wasn't talking about signability, that's obviously become a huge factor in the draft. I'm just saying that MLB teams don't draft by need.

Guys, We aren't getting the first pick. Tampa Bay's remaining series are with Boston, the Yankees, Seattle, the Angels, and Toronto. Meanwhile after this series we have 7 with Kansas City, and 3 with Minny, the Angels, Cleveland and Detoilet. I'll give us 5-10 wins and I'll give Tampa Bay 3-7. That leaves us with 65-70 wins and Tampa Bay with 61-65. We also have to contend with the NL teams who are right about even with us in the L column. When all is said and done there is a possibility we may be picking outside of the top 10.

Edited by southsida86