I wish I were Justin Timberlake

Steve9347

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
Watched it as well, f***ing amazing performance.

I love him, and this was a must watch. He is just a sick performer.

I'm going to walk away from the labtop and go to sleep, hopefully by morning this post will be like a dream.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
Watched it as well, f***ing amazing performance.

I love him, and this was a must watch. He is just a sick performer.

Agreed. I think what I love most about him is the fact that you can tell he's just loving it, and the fact that he plays multiple instruments and works his ass off writing and trying to be original.

That performance will stay on the DVR for quite some time.

Re, the bit about "having a harmonic voice", try to find that story for me if you can, because it is interesting. If the story said he is capable of harmonic singing (which is how I'm interpreting what you wrote), that's talking about a kind of diphonic singing akin to what the Tibetan throat singers and xoomi singers do, where a high harmonic in the vocal is emphasized to the point that it sounds distinct from the low vocal harmonic.

Besides for that i don't know what it means to "have a harmonic voice" other than having a voice 9and ear) suited to singing harmony vocal parts.

Anyway, as for Timberlake, he was responsible for two of the best SNL performances in recent memory and he's undeniably talented, so I'll cut him a break.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 12:42 AM)
Timberlake is a talented guy whose music I hate.

That's about as "fair and balanced" as I can make it.

:D

Can't say it any better myself. Other than the fact that it pains me to admit he has talent. A lot of it. He's also supposed to be a pretty down to earth guy, right?

I wonder if my friend Cindy is here. She's the biggest Sox fan I know, and a big Justin fan. I never asked if she hit this site. Weird.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 09:35 AM)
Can't say it any better myself. Other than the fact that it pains me to admit he has talent. A lot of it. He's also supposed to be a pretty down to earth guy, right?

I wonder if my friend Cindy is here. She's the biggest Sox fan I know, and a big Justin fan. I never asked if she hit this site. Weird.

He always strikes me as a down-to-earth guy with a good sense of humor and not as much ego as you'd expect.

Which makes it hard to dislike him, despite not liking his music.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 01:10 PM)
The main thing that Ill remember JT from was being the first person to cry on Punk'd when they made him think the IRS was seizing his house. That was incredible.

They did smash a guitar his grandpa gave him when he was little. I'd probably cry too.

I'm in the group that thinks this was an incredible and I mean incredible performance he put on. His music is pretty great, but I guess some people will never get over the fact that he's Justin Timberlake.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 06:43 PM)
They did smash a guitar his grandpa gave him when he was little. I'd probably cry too.

I'm in the group that thinks this was an incredible and I mean incredible performance he put on. His music is pretty great, but I guess some people will never get over the fact that he's Justin Timberlake.

For it has nothing to do with who he is or what group he was in. It's the style of music. Just ain't my thing.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 06:43 PM)

you couldn't be more right... he was once in N'Sync, his break, and so people can't get over it. he's putting out music, especially the album Future Sex Love Sounds, that rival the King of Pop but cross more genres. It's straight good.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
For it has nothing to do with who he is or what group he was in. It's the style of music. Just ain't my thing.

People are entitled to their own opinion, but what he said rings true. Timberlake won't get a fair shake with many on this board bc he is Justin Timberlake. In my opinion, the music is awesome, his performance was awesome... so entertaining... those who love music and the many different things that go into making music should seemingly enjoy watching this performance.

If you haven't seen it, turn it on in its HD greatness next time it runs.