This is not good for Rick Ankiel

SoxAce

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 01:10 PM)
Oh don't get me wrong, they SHOULD try to catch these guys, and the fact they aren't is a joke. My point is, don't hold your breath waiting for a cleaned up game, becuase even if baseball has up to the second testing policies, cheating will continue, and usually not get caught.

Cheating in baseball is just as old as the game itself. Between corked bats, scuffing baseballs, speed, etc. In Jeff Pearlman's book "The Bad Guys Won" he talks about how a lot of the guys on the 1986 Mets took speed before the games and were supplied by a clubhouse attendant, and it was pretty rampant around baseball. Cheating is wrong, but as you say, who knows if baseball will ever be clean.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 07:55 AM)
Well, as soon as baseball banned it... It has always been illegal.

And it doesn't matter how many people did it, it is wrong.

HGH was not always illegal. In fact, I remember various types of HGH being advertised on late night radio during the 21st century.

This is not news...he used a substance that was perfectly legal in baseball and when it was banned he stopped receiving the shipment. Big deal. Thats really not much different than a player using an aluminum bat in college and than using a wood bat in the pro's (since you can't use aluminum in the pro ranks).

Glaus' situation is news...Ankiels I could give a darn about. Than again I also could really give a hoot if guys are using or not. Bottom line, I love the game of baseball and the only reason I hope guys aren't juicing is because its bad for them.

Sure it could taint records, but the main thing is I don't like people using a substance that is bad for them.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 02:14 PM)
HGH was not always illegal. In fact, I remember various types of HGH being advertised on late night radio during the 21st century.

This is not news...he used a substance that was perfectly legal in baseball and when it was banned he stopped receiving the shipment. Big deal. Thats really not much different than a player using an aluminum bat in college and than using a wood bat in the pro's (since you can't use aluminum in the pro ranks).

Glaus' situation is news...Ankiels I could give a darn about. Than again I also could really give a hoot if guys are using or not. Bottom line, I love the game of baseball and the only reason I hope guys aren't juicing is because its bad for them.

Sure it could taint records, but the main thing is I don't like people using a substance that is bad for them.

Do you mean legal as in it wasn't specifically banned in the MLB rules book? Or as a legal dietary supplement, or available as a prescription?