Game thread Friday September 7

29andPoplar

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)
By the way I am sorry about your fine city losing the AAA team.

Yeah ....... it's a real drag. But understandable. After the first couple of years, fans did not show up. No one is able to explain it. Cheap, great entertainment. I think there are just too many options around here in the summer. Cottage country and lakes all over the place, as the main diversion.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:39 PM)
I know the game didn't mean anything, but scoring 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th and winniing in 13 innings is quite a comeback.

At least it gives us one more positive thing that we can say happened during the season also!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 12:53 AM)
I think the 34,000 people who attended the game agree with me.

They preferred a win over a meaningless draft pick.

Well as someone who invests some money on tickets, I would rate an impact draft pick that can help the team win for a bunch of years over the 2nd worst team in baseball scratching together a few extra wins in September. I will be at the game tomorrow, so when you come up with the stat, please take off 4 people from your total. Because my brothers and I want Pedro over the 61st win. If they win thats fine. But anyone living and dying with a team that gave up about 3 months ago is funny.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 01:01 AM)
I don't think it's funny.

I think it's funny you'd go to the game wanting them to get beat.

Makes no sense.

I dont root for them to lose, I just dont care if they win or lose. At this point, does it really matter that they win 65 games or 70 games. This year sucked, and it is over. This is extended try outs. We should be testing all of the young players, and not "going" for it to win a few more meaningless games.