Game thread Friday September 7

29andPoplar

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)
Flash, you got quiet since I posted those velocities from gameday on Broadway? Would you be happier if I lied and told you he was throwing 86 to 88? :)

LOL, ground rule double, tie game. I thought that was out of here actually, you got to be kidding me.

If it's accurate, then his future may be in the bullpen.

I'd like to see him sustain the velocity over several appearances.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have two game threads from now on? One for those who want the Sox to win; another for those who want them to lose?

Geez. Take it to the Tampa boards.

To be fair, I'm rooting for the Twins (at this point) only for fantasy baseball playoffs.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
If it's accurate, then his future may be in the bullpen.

I'd like to see him sustain the velocity over several appearances.

The velocity is for sure accurate, but I don't think he can sustain it. Adrenaline was a big factor IMO, he was throwing 90-91 all year at Charlotte. He has downward movement in all his pitches though, which is a plus.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Can we have two game threads from now on? One for those who want the Sox to win; another for those who want them to lose?

Geez. Take it to the Tampa boards.

Yeah, it's a weird atmosphere. This type of situation is not something were really used to...

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
No true White Sox fan wants the team to lose.

No Sox fan sits there during the game, hoping we lose, but the postgame "well at least we get a better draft pick" talks after a loss don't bother me (I hope that made sense to everybody else as much as it did in my head).

And after a 9th inning like that, it's only fitting we get extra innings. lol. Hopefully Broadway stays in, and if he does, i'll post his velocity from gameday.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
No Sox fan sits there during the game, hoping we lose, but the postgame "well at least we get a better draft pick" talks after a loss don't bother me (I hope that made sense to everybody else as much as it did in my head).

I agree. I was definitely getting excited in the 9th. I was really hoping Danny would find a gap.