Sox Challenge Angels to a Game of Baseball!

Kalapse

don't think i've ever seen a team wear adjustable caps -- even in spring training.

how cheap can you be?

We'll find out next summer when the Sox struggle and/or fail to sign the No. 1 draft pick that has many fans hoping we lose.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 01:26 AM)
We'll find out next summer when the Sox struggle and/or fail to sign the No. 1 draft pick that has many fans hoping we lose.

Don't worry....a few more completely worthless wins, and we won't have that first pick. I'm shocked that people haven't used the Greg Oden injury angle as a reason we don't want the first pick. I've heard every other lame excuse.

So, I guess this is the game thread? So far 1 run and 1 walk in 5 inning for Contreras. Good numbers. Suggests he is sporting better command tonight. Not that I want to be a party poop and say something nice about one of our starting pitchers. He is dropping down as much as usual?

It seems as if the Sox are going to play themselves out of a top 5 pick. I don't endorse tanking, but how can you suck so badly during the bulk of the season, and then turn it on when it doesn't matter anymore? It just doesn't make sense.

Edited by southsida86

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 02:14 AM)
It seems as if the Sox are going to play themselves out of a top 5 pick. I don't endorse tanking, but how can you suck so badly during the bulk of the season, and then turn it on when it doesn't matter anymore? It just doesn't make sense.

The baseball season has been such a nightmare....did you expect something good to actually happen?

It's not like they've been playing great baseball. They're still losing at a rapid clip.

WHat do you mean it doesn't make sense?

Have you ever played a sport?

These guys are getting paid. You go out and do your job and play hard or you should be banned from the game for life.

People that want the No. 1 draft pick so badly baffle me.

It's not like the Sox will sign that pick anyway.

Build through free agency, and Japanese players and trade for a reliever this offseason.

In the meantime, just win baby.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 02:41 AM)
It's not like they've been playing great baseball. They're still losing at a rapid clip.

WHat do you mean it doesn't make sense?

Have you ever played a sport?

These guys are getting paid. You go out and do your job and play hard or you should be banned from the game for life.

People that want the No. 1 draft pick so badly baffle me.

It's not like the Sox will sign that pick anyway.

Build through free agency, and Japanese players and trade for a reliever this offseason.

In the meantime, just win baby.

By far the stupidest argument yet about this whole subject. It costs a hell of a lot less to sign a top pick than some overvalued free agent. And I also am of the opinion that there's a few players on this team who have been coasting for a few months now. Should they be banned for life?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 02:50 AM)
They should be banned for life if it can be proven they are purposely "tanking."

You are paid; you play the game as hard as you can.

If not you should be banned forever.

Heard of the Black Sox?

Yep, and I believe there's way too many complacent personalities on the Sox. It's probably the biggest disappointment I have in regards to Ozzie, and it's been his inability to get this team motivated (for the last year and a half).