Sox Vs. Royals

kman

I love it when we get the mantra that Greg Walker cannot be blamed for our hitters by Hawk and DJ earlier in the season. The minute a hitter has some success, they tout how much hard work Mike Gellinger and Greg put in with the hitters. So only success is their fault huh.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 06:33 PM)
I love it when we get the mantra that Greg Walker cannot be blamed for our hitters by Hawk and DJ earlier in the season. The minute a hitter has some success, they tout how much hard work Mike Gellinger and Greg put in with the hitters. So only success is their fault huh.

Agreed. And K-rod should start flipping off satan when he blows a save.

Even though Floyd met the minimum requirements for the quality start, I thought this was the crispest his stuff was since that Detroit start where he shut them down. He topped out at 94 on the fastball and it had some nice late movement. The command with the curve wasn't great, but it rarely hung and half his Ks were on it. Even a nice change today. To be honest I thought three of the pitches that the first 4 Royals got hits on were good pitches. Gload's was a curve well below the zone. Dejesus and Butler both had soft hits on outside fastballs. The curve to Grudz was a definite hanger.

Pathetic hitting again tonight.

No way this team is going anywhere next year without drastic lineup improvements.

I'm surprised Oz would want to stick around for what should be a mess again next year barring major major changes.

Embarrassing to lose and finish behind a minor league team in the Royals.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 02:47 AM)
I didn't see the game but judging by the box score Fields, Thome, Richar, Floyd and Wasserman all had pretty good games AND we lost? Sounds pretty good to me.

Pretty much the "ideal" loss at this point. It's also a 'good' loss because all of the other bottom feeders lost (besides KC) as well, so we're keeping pace.

Pretty much the "ideal" loss at this point. It's also a 'good' loss because all of the other bottom feeders lost (besides KC) as well, so we're keeping pace.

A "good" loss? An "ideal" loss?

Glad you don't mind seeing your team get embarrassed again by the worst franchise in baseball.

A draft pick? Yeah that pick is really going to help this team on the field next year.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
A "good" loss? An "ideal" loss?

Glad you don't mind seeing your team get embarrassed again by the worst franchise in baseball.

A draft pick? Yeah that pick is really going to help this team on the field next year.

You would of been a lot of fun in the late 80s when we stacked up on talent. Oh that 77th win is so much better than that silly football player. Frank Thomas wont help us this year.

How do you know we wouldn't have gotten Frank a pick or two later?

Or if we didn't get Frank we got somebody else?

Where was Mark Buehrle drafted?

Have fun following the contract negotiations of our No. 1 draft pick next year.

I prefer watching the current team and hoping it wins every game including games against one of the worst teams (besides the Sox) in baseball.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
You would of been a lot of fun in the late 80s when we stacked up on talent. Oh that 77th win is so much better than that silly football player. Frank Thomas wont help us this year.

Actually a couple of more losses that year would have meant Jeff Jackson instead of Frank Thomas. That's who the Sox really wanted, but Philadelphia chose him.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
Actually a couple of more losses that year would have meant Jeff Jackson instead of Frank Thomas. That's who the Sox really wanted, but Philadelphia chose him.

Sure because Jeff Jackson was the consensus overall number one pick a year before the draft. Dont worry if we are further down in the draft KW will pick Danks brother like he wants to anyways.

Edited by southsideirish71