Sox @ Royals

Balta1701

Walk should be a politician. He has the double talk down to a science.

First its, we let the hitters be who they are when they came to the show.

"We're still at a stage where we're watching, trying to let him be Josh Fields, but there's definitely room for improvement there. And, whether it be with a two-strike approach or whether it be with mechanics to not get him (swinging) so uphill, they're minor changes. I always think he's going to be a high strikeout guy, but I think there's definitely room for improvement. ... Right now, we're not on him every day, getting on him about striking out. I think (that would be) the wrong approach. We think it's going to be a gradual process where he cuts down."

Then the reason we are having problems is that he spent too much time working with Owens and Fields in ST.

"We screwed it up. The whole organization screwed it up, and we know it. Now we're going to try and fix it. I know this is going to sound stupid, but I'm already looking forward to next spring training. As a coaching staff and as a manager, part of our strength is the passion that we have for this organization. And the fact that we did so badly this year, you can either quit and go home, or you can do something about it. We made some mistakes, going back to last spring - hell, going back to last winter. We know some things that we missed on this year. Just looking back on last spring, I spent a lot of time with the young guys - Josh Fields and guys like that, Jerry Owens - but ultimately, they didn't have a chance to make our team at the start of the year. Next spring, me and Mike Gellinger will spend a majority of the time with our guys, the big boys. Just little things like that. We have a deep passion here to get this thing right."

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
9 innings against Greinke and Soria and we manage a double by Owens and a single by Uribe.

3 runs over 8 for Garland. This game took like 2 hours, and Mark wasn't even involved.

Insert :

Its cold, perfect storm flip their cards, they can't be cold forever, at some point a reckoning will happen and when it does watch out, they are not loosey goosey, we need to work harder with the big boys next ST, daggumit,

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
I've been watching. Greinke has been looking pretty good so far, as has Garland.

Zach is a guy that I think will be on a lot of teams radars. I don't know if the Royals would give up on him, but I heard some talk that they would consider moving him (don't know if they have soured on that with the way he's pitched lately). He has a great arm and good stuff and seems to be over all the mental crap that happened to him after he was rushed up to the majors at such a young age.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
It finally happened, a game thread that didn't reach page 2 while the game was in progress. Good stuff.

That's about to change:

As of today, I've officially reached the point where I'm openly cheering for the White Sox to lose. Not that I'm against certain players performing well (whether to heighten value or just to show progress); but rather, just hoping the game ends with the opposing team scoring one more run. Preferably 1-0 in Garland/Vazquez starts, and X+1 in every other.

What's great is with Santana pitching against us tomorrow, within the confines of the Metrodome, I'll probably be quite happy. YAYAYAYAYAYA

What do you have to say about that, Greg? Try to control the tremors in your fingers when you type a response.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
Zach Floyd is a guy that I think will be on a lot of teams radars. I don't know if the Royals Phillies would give up on him, but I heard some talk that they would consider moving him (don't know if they have soured on that with the way he's pitched lately). He has a great arm and good stuff and seems to be over all the mental crap that happened to him after he was rushed up to the majors at such a young age.

Gee - I bet we could have heard that fixed statement last year about this time, eh?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 12:58 AM)
And Floyds mental issues are no where near as severe as Greinke's. Didn't he miss most all of last season after having a mental breakdown?

The Braves were trying very hard to get Greinke at the deadline this year, but the Royals refused to give him up. I've always thought Greinke looked great against the Sox, and then he'd just go and get destroyed by certain teams.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
That's about to change:

As of today, I've officially reached the point where I'm openly cheering for the White Sox to lose. Not that I'm against certain players performing well (whether to heighten value or just to show progress); but rather, just hoping the game ends with the opposing team scoring one more run. Preferably 1-0 in Garland/Vazquez starts, and X+1 in every other.

What's great is with Santana pitching against us tomorrow, within the confines of the Metrodome, I'll probably be quite happy. YAYAYAYAYAYA

What do you have to say about that, Greg? Try to control the tremors in your fingers when you type a response.

Kansas "Greg" is "greg" okay? mmkay?

That's about to change:

Thanks for telling the board your position. Remember you have written off 2008, no turning back now.

Maybe stop baiting greg775 too. Everyone's position on the "I want them to win" or "I want them to lose" is pretty well known at this point.

By the way, I have the letters out to the powers that be in the White Sox org. If they answer and consent to an interview I'll let the board know. Better to reach out and try to get some answers, imo, than complain about the same thing on a message board every day.

The Royals sure have made some Sox pitchers who have struggled the last couple months feel better about themselves. The White Sox offense has done that a lot this year too.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the box score.

I'd pass on Greinke unless we can get him very cheap, which we can't since he's the coveted No. 1 draft pick so many of you want so badly.

I don't know why some of you jumped on me. Yes I want the Sox to win every game, including today's game.

I see no sane reason to root against the Sox.

I'm not saying you are not fans for rooting against them, I just think it's misguided logic.

There are too many uncertainties about the draft.

A win in a major league baseball game is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than a possible draft pick who may or may not sign.

And yes I realize what happens when the guy doesn't sign.