Sox @ Royals

Balta1701

What's great is with Santana pitching against us tomorrow, within the confines of the Metrodome, I'll probably be quite happy. YAYAYAYAYAYA

What do you have to say about that, Greg? Try to control the tremors in your fingers when you type a response.

How you could stomach seeing Santana mow your favorite team down once again is beyond me.

Answer me this.

If the Sox were playing the Cubs tomorrow, would you want the Cubs to win?

I know the answer and it sickens me.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 04:26 AM)
How you could stomach seeing Santana mow your favorite team down once again is beyond me.

Answer me this.

If the Sox were playing the Cubs tomorrow, would you want the Cubs to win?

I know the answer and it sickens me.

That answer is the Sox, so you're wrong.

Good deal, but I was referring to Tizzle since he said he was officially actively

rooting against the Sox every game the rest of the way.

And besides the Cubs I'd think Santana would be one guy we'd all want the Sox to beat

the most of anybody.

What bout you Tizzle? Root for Cubs if they played tomorrow? Or Sox?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 12:08 AM)
Good deal, but I was referring to Tizzle since he said he was officially actively

rooting against the Sox every game the rest of the way.

And besides the Cubs I'd think Santana would be one guy we'd all want the Sox to beat

the most of anybody.

What bout you Tizzle? Root for Cubs if they played tomorrow? Or Sox?

HEY CHICAGO, WHAT DO YOU SAY? CUBS ARE GONNA' WIN TODAY!

GO CUBS GO! GO CUBS GOOOOOOOOO!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 12:59 AM)
Tizzle's got to be kidding or I've caught him in a mess.

Can't root for the Cubs and be a good Sox fan, can you?

Just asking.

I don't care about being a 'good Sox fan.' You act as if it's a job, with certain requirements and obligations I have to fulfill. If it were a legitimate job, I would have been fired several times for continualy criticizing the organization and doubting the team (even in September of 2005).

Here, under this hypothetical scenario you've created where the Cubs face the White Sox tomorrow, under a similar set of circumstances, you bet your ass I'm still rooting against our team.

You need a moment of pure excitement to brighten up your mood. Click on the link below and I dare you to resist the urge to begin snapping your fingers and tapping your feet.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)
Gee - I bet we could have heard that fixed statement last year about this time, eh?

Major difference. Zach has been pitching at the major league level for the entire season and aside from a few blips has been pretty solid for a young pitcher. He also has shown that he's been making strides. Floyd on the other hand was pretty much relegated to minor legaue duties the year the Sox acquired him, had dropping velocity, and was pretty much worth nothing to the Phillies (If the Royals dealt Zach, it would be to get two young prospects, imo).

Bottom line I'd be all for a McCulloch/Broadway for Grienke type of deal (or for a player similar to Grienke in other systems). However, I don't know if the Royals make that type of move and again it would be a risky move for the Sox as you never know if Grienke will flop (still he's got a very good arm and is still rather young).

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 07:06 PM)
Thanks for telling the board your position. Remember you have written off 2008, no turning back now.

Maybe stop baiting greg775 too. Everyone's position on the "I want them to win" or "I want them to lose" is pretty well known at this point.

By the way, I have the letters out to the powers that be in the White Sox org. If they answer and consent to an interview I'll let the board know. Better to reach out and try to get some answers, imo, than complain about the same thing on a message board every day.

Awesome...very excited to see if your able to land an interview. It would be great to get the views from the inside as I think at this point most of us all know where each other stand (but regardless of where we stand...what matters is where the Sox stand).

Awesome...very excited to see if your able to land an interview. It would be great to get the views from the inside as I think at this point most of us all know where each other stand (but regardless of where we stand...what matters is where the Sox stand).

Chisoxfn, as owner of this site, who do you prefer I go after?

I have something out to Alan Regier who can answer stuff about minor league development and possibly the Dominican operation (in my letter I ask him if he can cover that area or do I need to ask someone else).

Also I have something out to Laumann in regards to scouting.

Who else would you suggest, is there a particular area you would like to know more about?

As you can imagine these guys are busy so there are no guarantees of getting an interview, or the length of an interview if I can land one. After reading this board for a few months I have a good idea of the areas (questions) that need to be covered so I will compose the questions myself. But again, this is cart before the horse. First thing is to get the interviews. By the way the requests just went out yesterday, sorry for the delay but things got hectic.

I don't care about being a 'good Sox fan.' You act as if it's a job, with certain requirements and obligations I have to fulfill. If it were a legitimate job, I would have been fired several times for continualy criticizing the organization and doubting the team (even in September of 2005).

Actually no, I don't to mean to act like it's a job.

I do think it is a fair question you as to whether a true Sox fan would root for the Sox to lose against the Cubs for something as hypothetical as a draft pick?

With due apology to Allen Iverson ... "a draft pick? a draft pick? We are talkin about a f***ing draft pick here?'

'Compared to Sox beating the Cubs??? A f***ing draft pick???"