Joe Mauer C .287
Torii Hunter CF .291
Justin Morneau 1B .274
Michael Cuddyer RF .275
Matthew LeCroy DH .333
Lew Ford LF .232
Nick Punto 3B .211
  Johan Santana (15-12, 3.14)

Umpires: HP: Bill Welke. 1B: Jim Reynolds. 2B: Gary Cederstrom. 3B: Lance Barksdale.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TLAK @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
Danny Richar cannot hit good major league pitching.

:lolhitting

Seriously, the guy is a rookie and has out produced Iguchi. Give it time.

Oh yeah, lots of hitters look foolish against Santana, in case you were wondering.

Andy Gonzalez is now just sad. The fact this dude is actually playing 3B for this team is beyond joke status. If the season went long enough he'd be able to get his batting average to near .100

I don't want to call him trash, because he is a human being...but he has NO BUSINESS being on a major league playing field unless it's to rake the mound.

But good ole' Chicago...has him as their starting 3b...Laughable, simply laughable.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
Andy Gonzalez is now just sad. The fact this dude is actually playing 3B for this team is beyond joke status. If the season went long enough he'd be able to get his batting average to near .100

I don't want to call him trash, because he is a human being...but he has NO BUSINESS being on a major league playing field unless it's to rake the mound.

But good ole' Chicago...has him as their starting 3b...Laughable, simply laughable.

Agreed. For me, the worse part is how unfair it is to Andy.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
Agreed. For me, the worse part is how unfair it is to Andy.

And the thing is, much respect to Andy for making it as far as he did, but there is absolutely no reason in the entire galaxy he should EVER be playing the hot corner at the major league level. EVER.

And keep in mind if I ever saw some dude who made it to AAA (I was a bench scrub for a small college so I can't talk but so much trash), but just couldn't hack major league ball I'd be totally beholden to that guys talent. Andy has talent, he seriously does...but it's not major league talent, but our clownish team continues to fashion him anyway.

Edited by kwolf68

And the thing is, much respect to Andy for making it as far as he did, but there is absolutely no reason in the entire galaxy he should EVER be playing the hot corner at the major league level. EVER.

And keep in mind if I ever saw some dude who made it to AAA (I was a bench scrub for a small college so I can't talk but so much trash), but just couldn't hack major league ball I'd be totally beholden to that guys talent. Andy has talent, he seriously does...but it's not major league talent, but our clownish team continues to fashion him anyway.

It is a shame because clearly he is overmatched. They have no one else at the moment though, and decided not to pursue anyone else since they were so far back. Might as well see if Gonzalez had anything, now they know the answer for sure, he doesn't.

And ya know...Maybe I read it wrong, but there was an article on whitesox.com where Ozzie basically called out Josh Fields; saying he needed to this crap or that to help the team.

Now, I don't doubt Josh needs to learn, but dude is +20 homers and is hitting for a higher average than half the slobs Ozzie rolls out there every night. Can't Ozzie tell this crap to Josh without spouting off to the media? We know Josh strikes out too much...and JOSH probably knows it. Why sound off like this? Especially when the boozos beside him are WORSE?

If anyone needs to be called out, it's these .220 average, 1 homer, no defense butt buddies Ozzie rolls out there every night of the week and not Josh Fields, who at least has provided some value to this franchise (that is besides HOPE).

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 22, 2007 -> 01:52 AM)
It is a shame because clearly he is overmatched. They have no one else at the moment though, and decided not to pursue anyone else since they were so far back. Might as well see if Gonzalez had anything, now they know the answer for sure, he doesn't.

I'm pretty sure you agree with me that it's a good thing Gonzalez has struggled so much over the last few months, as it will likely make him a non-option for the bench last year. We both hope to see significant upgrades to our bench.

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)

This is why I think we are run by suspect individuals. We should have KNOWN Andy wasn't anything before being put into position to take this 3rd base spot.

Most good scouts, most good GMs KNOW if a kid has what it takes. The fact we are left with Andy playing full time 3rd base tells the baseball world that we don't have a clue and worse yet, we don't have much talent in this system.

Maybe it's glass half empty syndrome, maybe it's the worst year I can ever remember for the Sox...but this seems to be a VERY sad situation.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 08:44 PM)

Yes he should.

When Crede's out for the season with back surgery, Ozuna breaks his leg, Mackowiak gets traded because the team is out of contention, Fields has been moved to left field in order to see if he can hack it for next year when Crede potentially will be back, and the only other guy who can play is Cintron, and there are a few weeks left in a season where we've been out of contention for months, YES Gonzalez should be in there at third.