Sox/Twins 9-23

southsider2k5

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
whatever happened to Lance Broadway? He had that real good relief outing like 2 weeks ago, and then just disappeared.

I can agree with this... Let's just hope they're trying to remove all doubt that Mike Meyers is ticketed for the glue factory.

I don't think Broadway will be successful, given his recent minor league track record, but I know Meyers isn't going to be successful given his recent major league performances.

Huh, I didn't even know Floyd was pitching today. I don't think I've watched a Sox game in awhile now. Didn't watch Thursday. Not Saturday or today. Did I Friday? Not that I recall. Wednesday? Maybe, but f*** if I remember.

I couldn't care less about Floyd's starts at this point. We'll see what he does in ST and then we'll see how he does when the regular season starts.

Maybe he can be our Chad Durbin.

If not, he can be ROY HALLADAY!!!!!!

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
Huh, I didn't even know Floyd was pitching today. I don't think I've watched a Sox game in awhile now. Didn't watch Thursday. Not Saturday or today. Did I Friday? Not that I recall. Wednesday? Maybe, but f*** if I remember.

I couldn't care less about Floyd's starts at this point. We'll see what he does in ST and then we'll see how he does when the regular season starts.

Maybe he can be our Chad Durbin.

If not, he can be ROY HALLADAY!!!!!!

You can't say anything negative or you will get slammed. He pitched a couple good innings today. Its a huge start. The game means nothing, but Gavin is pretty much pitching for a job next year. Spring training next year doesn't mean nearly as much as a game like today. Can't wait to see him pitching every 5th day for the White Sox in 2008.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
You can't say anything negative or you will get slammed. He pitched a couple good innings today. Its a huge start. The game means nothing, but Gavin is pretty much pitching for a job next year. Spring training next year doesn't mean nearly as much as a game like today. Can't wait to see him pitching every 5th day for the White Sox in 2008.

So would you say he's more like Sandy Koufax or Roy Halladay? Halladay, right? 'Cause they're righties. Right? Ish?

I was impressed with Floyd today up until the 6th. Even in the 6th I was happy to see him hitting 92-93 out of the stretch. Once again, he so reminds me of the old Jon Garland it wasn't even funny. He'd get into a small jam and find a way to turn it into a big inning. I was also glad to see Ozzie give him a chance to pitch out of it. The only way he is going to learn is by taking his lumps, and I would rather see him take them now in meaningless games.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)
Yeah, I know Andy Gonzalez had been playing 3B, but that doesn't make him a 3B.

I think the decision to put Fields back at 3B was becasue Andy G cut his hand and I believe I heard Cintron was hurt too? Not sure about that though. The move will be evaluated today and Fields might be back in LF on Tuesday or Wednesday. He wil be in the AFL to learn more about playing the OF, and I hope Crede is back next year and beyond for the Sox at 3B

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
Broadway gets to start on Thursday. I'll be interested to se how that goes.

It is very classy of Mark Buehrle to give up his last start for Broadway. Personally I would have rather them run Phillips out there as he is out of options, but it works either way.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 01:46 PM)
It is very classy of Mark Buehrle to give up his last start for Broadway. Personally I would have rather them run Phillips out there as he is out of options, but it works either way.

I was thinking that too - I'd rather see Phillips than Broadway.