Jim Thome DH .275
Paul Konerko 1B .257 :bringit 
Jermaine Dye RF .250
AJ Pierzynski C .261
Scott Podsednik LF .244
Juan Uribe SS .230
Danny Richar 2B .232
  Jose Contreras (10-16, 5.51)

Umpires: HP: Mark Carlson. 1B: Angel Hernandez. 2B: Derryl Cousins. 3B: Ted Barrett.

Kudos to Kenny Williams for the Mike Myers signing. If there was a stat called Loss Probability Added (opposite of WPA), Myers would have to rate amongst the best in all of baseball on a per-game basis. He's doing an excellent job of securing the Sox a higher pick AND spot on a team other than the Sox in 2008.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
Kudos to Kenny Williams for the Mike Myers signing. If there was a stat called Loss Probability Added (opposite of WPA), Myers would have to rate amongst the best in all of baseball on a per-game basis. He's doing an excellent job of securing the Sox a higher pick AND spot on a team other than the Sox in 2008.

Prior to the 6th inning I was worried tonight would be a wasted effort. Thus far, the following teams battling us for draft position have won: Washington, Pittsburgh, Florida and Houston. San Francisco is currently winning and Tampa is tied in the 9th. Even if the anticipation for the #1 position has since passed, it's good to atleast have one evening where we're gaining ground on the competition.

It's nights such as tonight where I honestly believe Myers may have been Williams' best acquisition from this season. Which person has done more for our future in such a limited amount of time? Guillen continues to trust him over Logan against lefties and, as a result, has been beneficial for more losses. Kudos to Williams, indeed.

TB has that #1 draft pick basically locked up unless they win basically all their games the rest of the way (which won't happen) I doubt we will get Pedro anyway even if TB passes him up (considering they can move him to 1B/OF or if Baltimore/Florida/Pittsburg takes him) so it will be interesting to see the route the sox take (either taking a high schooler I.E. Galloway, DeVall, Hicks, H. Martinez, Hosmer, Marrs or go with the usual college route and take a more polished pitcher/hitter I.E. Matusz, Smoak, Crawford, Russell, Ross, Wallace.)

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 03:07 AM)
Would that explain his decision to try to stretch his single into a double in the 8th, with the tying run coming to the plate with one out

It's that type of baseball IQ and pathetic base running that we've come to know and love.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 03:21 AM)
YES!

Game.

With Greinke pitching tomorrow and Broadway opposing KC Thursday, we could be in the beginning stages of a losing streak. I'm excited1!!

Tonight could be the biggest loss of the year. Washington, Houston, KC all bring home Ws -- San Fran up three heading to the 7th. If they hold on they basically remove themselves from being passed by the White Sox. They aren't going to catch the D-Rays, but I think drafting third-to-fifth looks realistic. If the Sox lose out, they'll most certainly draft second. That's the best case scenario.