Royals at White Sox

TLAK

It's nights such as tonight where I honestly believe Myers may have been Williams' best acquisition from this season. Which person has done more for our future in such a limited amount of time? Guillen continues to trust him over Logan against lefties and, as a result, has been beneficial for more losses. Kudos to Williams, indeed.

How anybody can celebrate that hack Myers' implosion is beyond me.

How anybody can stomach losing to those pissant Royals is beyond me.

Finishing behind them in the standings should be embarrassing to all Sox fans.

Finishing behind them (as much as I hate to say it) should cost every Sox exec their jobs.

The Royals suck and we, SADLY, are worse.

f*** draft picks! Give me wins!

The Sox are a total embarrassment two years after being the best.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 12:36 AM)
How anybody can celebrate that hack Myers' implosion is beyond me.

How anybody can stomach losing to those pissant Royals is beyond me.

Finishing behind them in the standings should be embarrassing to all Sox fans.

Finishing behind them (as much as I hate to say it) should cost every Sox exec their jobs.

The Royals suck and we, SADLY, are worse.

f*** draft picks! Give me wins!

The Sox are a total embarrassment two years after being the best.

quit whining, this season is lost does it matter if we finish behind the royals? Ill take a 90 win season and miss playoffs because we atleast were in contention, right now being ahead of the royals means nothing to me.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)
Who cares about a no name draft pick.

Well if you look at it from that point of view. But if say we finished 1 spot higher a couple of seasons ago, and missed out on drafting Josh Fields, say we took a pitcher and he was a decent prospect, Lance Broadway similar sort of pitcher and he was still in the minors. So that shows how 1 spot can make a difference in the draft.

And what do we have to play for right now. To win 70 games? Are the players going to feel better if they won 70 games instead of 69? Hell no they shouldn't, a losing season is a losing season.

Hell a couple of years back, when it was Tracy McGrady's last season with the Orlando Magic (going down a different path here), when the Magic went 21-61, he missed the last 10 games and he said, "What's the point in me playing, we've got nothing to play for". They ended with Dwight Howard in that draft instead of Emeka Okafor. Not saying that's going to happen to us, but the draft is becoming less and less of a crapshoot with each passing season, and if we're having a losing season, you want to get the best pick you can get, to help you move forward and win games in the FUTURE, not for the rest of this meaningless season.