September 27th: Kansas City vs. Chicago

Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 02:33 AM)
We were talking about that at work a few days ago. It sucks not being excited for the days game, and having it mean absolutely nothing. I really, really miss games with meaning. It's September 27th, and I'm already in "hockey mode." While I love hockey, that just makes me sad.

It really sucks, but you no what mode I've been in for a few months now.

You were almost there.

Yeah, it was nearly perfect for me. They got the 11-0 right, but the Royals got three hits. Bummer, but I'll take the 11-0.

Think I'll go grab a beer to celebrate. Very nice win and hopefully we can finish ahead of the pissants royals.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
wow, impressive inning for Lance, just wow. He may have broken gathright's wrist.

He's just filthy. That fastball is sneaky fast. It looks like it explodes close to the plate. Very few hard hit balls all game, 2 hits, a boatload of k's. I'd like to see him ahead in the count more, but he definitely got stronger as the game went on and has some filthy movement to his pitches.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 27, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
Moving runners over, veterans hitting, good pitching, if they'd played like this all year they'd have won the pennant again.

GO SOX!

Agreed. This influx of youth is starting to pay off. I'm hoping Kenny/Ozzie are taking note that they are being rewarded for being patient with some of these young players (Fields/Richar/Owens) and its paying off as they are all getting better and better and bring much needed energy to the club (and league minimum contracts).

Just a great game to watch, sans a couple defensive miscues.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Sep 27, 2007 -> 07:05 PM)
Stupid Royals can't get on tv in their own state. I would have liked to see Broadway. How did he look other than the obviously good numbers?

It's good to know he can at least pitch well against a AAAA lineup.

Look at my post. YOu know how much I've ripped Broadway, but I'm really giddy about this kid now. I think he could have a very solid career for a number of years (he'll never win a Cy Young, but I can see him winning 16-17 games at least a few times in his career).