So who has played their last game in a Sox uni?

southsider2k5

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Podz

Gonzalez

Bukvich

Myers

Cintron

Uribe

Garland

Philips

*At least one or two of the early season bullpen crew (Aardsma, Day, MacD. Sisco, Masset, Haeger) will be traded or otherwise let go

*either Erstad or Owens (the team has too many backup OF's if we acquire a CF - Owens, Erstad, Ozuna - one or two will be gone)

I think its also possible that Thome and/or Contreras are traded, but I wouldn't call either one likely.

Pods better be gone next year. Thanks for 2005 buddy but dammit if I have to see you not get to one more fly ball (like yesterday, like Saturday) even though you're allegedly speedy... no way. Goodbye.

BTW if we keep Grinderstadt as a starter, hope you're looking forward to 2007, The Sequel.

And what worth MacDougal has at this point to anybody is beyond me.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 09:34 AM)
I read somewhere this morning where Pods is telling teammates he wants to move on. Lets see, you are stealing money instead of bases, fans still treat you like a rockstar and you're not happy. Good luck next year Pods, look forward to your stint with the Long Island Ducks in 2009.

Pods wants to move on? Isn't that like a bankrobber saying that he wants to move on? Pods is so far out of the door it isn't even funny. Jerry Owens put up better numbers, and that is saying something.

It's crazy, I was at the game yesterday and thinking that to myself during the ninth inning. I was saying to my girlfriend after Pods' at-bat, "Man, I hope this is his last at-bat with the Sox ever!" And then same thing during Uribe's at-bat.

Soooo with that said, I think Pods, Uribe, Erstad, Terrero, Garland, and Myers have played their last game in a White Sox uniform. Hopefully more too . . .

FWIW... my list

Jon Garland

Scott Podsednik

Ryan Bukvich

Mike Myers

Luis Terrero

Mike MacDougal

Heath Phillips

David Aardsma

Andy Gonzalez

Alex Cintron

Brian Anderson

I think Contreras sticks around, as they won't be able to find anyone to take his contract.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:10 AM)
Pods

Bukvich

Gonzalez

Garland

Contreras

Hall

Cintron

MacDougal

and

Razor Shines

Harold Baines

Mark Salas

I'd tend to agree on Hall, except that he is still under contract (2008 for $1.75M, then a 2009 option), and I don't see how he'd anything in trade with the horrible season he has had.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 09:34 AM)
I read somewhere this morning where Pods is telling teammates he wants to move on. Lets see, you are stealing money instead of bases, fans still treat you like a rockstar and you're not happy. Good luck next year Pods, look forward to your stint with the Long Island Ducks in 2009.

he probably got tired of Ozzie saying he can't rely on him.

I can't wait for him to be DFA'd by someone next year.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 07:42 AM)
Jerry Owens put up better numbers, and that is saying something.

Well, in all fairness, Owens improved dramatically over the past month and a half or so. He actually looks like a semi-legitimate leadoff hitter right now (although I'm not sure I'd trust him to play at that level in that role next season).

QUOTE(WCSox @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:43 AM)
Well, in all fairness, Owens improved dramatically over the past month and a half or so. He actually looks like a semi-legitimate leadoff hitter right now (although I'm not sure I'd trust him to play at that level in that role next season).

I might be one of the few people here, but I do like Jerry Owens.

Pods, Erstad, Myers, Bukvich, Uribe, Cintron will all just go..

Either Garland or Contreras will be dealt. (Hopefully Contreras, but Garland will bring us back the most talent, probably bullpen help)

I'm not sure why KW will keep Thorton and MacDougal but he has mentioned that he will.

The Brian Anderson experiemnt didn't last long and his stay as a White Sox is over also.

I think the team goes into this offseason as of right now with this:

Starting Lineup:

LF- Josh Fields

CF- ???? (Free agent)

RF- Jermaine Dye

3B- Joe Crede

SS- ???? (free agent or trade)

2B- Danny Richar

1B- Paul Konerko

C- A.J. Pierzynski

DH- Jim Thome

Starting Rotation:

Mark Buerhle

Javy Vazquez

Contreras or Garland

John Danks

Floyd, Broadway, Gonzalez, or Edgbert

Bench:

Toby Hall C, Pablo Ozuna INF, Jerry Owens OF, ???, ???

Bullpen

Bobby Jenks CL

Righty Setup???

Lefty Setup???

Boone Logan middle relief

MacDougal- middle relief

Thorton- middle relief

Wasserman- The new Wunsch

So KW needs to go and get:

2 reliable relievers (NO MORE Aardsma, Sisco, Massett experiments)

A new Shortstop (Tejada, Eckstein, Furcal, and Renteria have all been mentioned)

A new center fielder (Looks like its going to be Rowand or Hunter)

2 more bench players (We need someone to help back PK at 1B, we also need another middle INF, what is Willie Harris up to?)

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:07 AM)
Not with that contract he has. Houston can keep him at $16+ for 5 more years.

Speaking of which, I wonder how well the team did in profits, which is what makes us all happy :headbang

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
So KW needs to go and get:

2 reliable relievers (NO MORE Aardsma, Sisco, Massett experiments)

Oxymoron.

A bullpen can blow up in your face no matter if you go about it like the Sox did (stockpiling hard-throwing young guys) or like the Orioles did (trying to sign every good veteran reliever in fa). Only the Sox aren't paying $10+ mil a year for their bad luck.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 11:26 AM)
Speaking of which, I wonder how well the team did in profits, which is what makes us all happy :headbang

Astros drew over 3 million people for the second year in a row. Kind of funny that they didn't get up over 3 million in 2005 when, well, you know. They lost.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:51 AM)
I might be one of the few people here, but I do like Jerry Owens.

I agree that he has some serious upside. He's more than adequate defensively and has what nobody else on the team (except for maybe Ozuna) does: the ability to become an elite base-stealer. If Kenny is interested in going after Rowand or Hunter in the off-season, he should seriously consider moving Owens to LF and Fields back to 3B. If Owens can cut down on his strikeouts and improve his OBP by 0.020 points next year, he's a legitimate leadoff hitter.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
Oxymoron.

A bullpen can blow up in your face no matter if you go about it like the Sox did (stockpiling hard-throwing young guys) or like the Orioles did (trying to sign every good veteran reliever in fa). Only the Sox aren't paying $10+ mil a year for their bad luck.

Question: so how exactly did San Diego do it? Don't they have a kickass bullpen? I remember reading earlier some interview with their pitching coach and his philosophy in maybe ESPN magazine or something.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
Astros drew over 3 million people for the second year in a row. Kind of funny that they didn't get up over 3 million in 2005 when, well, you know. They lost.

And in the end, isn't profit what we really care about? We demand that the team does not over pay for a player, no matter their abilities. :gosoxretro: We'd love A-Rod at $10,000,000, hate him at $25,000,000, because that would lower the team's profit. :headbang $$ :headbang