Frank Thomas

Hawkfan

I saw him updating the phillies and rockies game with cal ripken and was surprised at how well he did speaking considering that i think hes an idiot. He did stutter and search for words but I think he sound alright. Is it possible he has a future sitting next to hawk harrelson some day? or does the hatred between him and kenny prevent that?

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
That's funny because you're just in college and yet you talk about everyone like they're idiots.

I don't talk about everyone as if they were idiots. At least I don't try to. I do understand why it might seem like that, since I am on a White Sox board and this is an organization that has done some idiotic things and has some idiotic commentary from the booth ("Duckfart!!!!!!!11") and from the scouts/GM ("tick beneath Jenks/trade for the wrong player") and from the manager ("Leave Contreras out for a Boston massacre!") but I don't think I'm smarter than everyone or that everyone's an idiot. Not at all. And I've had good things to say about this organization, too. I think Cooper's good at his job. Ozzie, usually. Richar looked alright and better as time went on and if he turns out, good for the scouts.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 05:14 PM)
Yeah. After all these years, Hawk Harrelson still hasn't learned.

I thing I like about Hawk is his style of being a homer announcer. He adds fun the game. Given time I think Big Hurt would be a good announcer.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 05:41 PM)
I thing I like about Hawk is his style of being a homer announcer. He adds fun the game. Given time I think Big Hurt would be a good announcer.

Hawk was known to be pretty outspoken when he was an announcer with the Red Sox. Homer wasn't a word associated with him back then. I love the Hawk, but he does piss me off occassionally. I get personally offended when he tries to sell crappy players as guys full of potential. He's just doing his job though.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
I can appreciate a homer announcer but not Hawk, with his "Crede > A-Rah" and "Stretch!" and "DADGUMMIT!" which is frankly the worst call I've ever heard from an announcer.

Just curious, do you have the MLB Extra Innings package?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
I can appreciate a homer announcer but not Hawk, with his "Crede > A-Rah" and "Stretch!" and "DADGUMMIT!" which is frankly the worst call I've ever heard from an announcer.

I love when Hawk talks about restrints. You know, those places you go for a meal.

QUOTE(Hawkfan @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
I saw him updating the phillies and rockies game with cal ripken and was surprised at how well he did speaking considering that i think hes an idiot. He did stutter and search for words but I think he sound alright. Is it possible he has a future sitting next to hawk harrelson some day? or does the hatred between him and kenny prevent that?

You should take over O'Reilly's show :lol:

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
I live in a second floor apartment. My best friend lives in the first floor, and we watch it there. And yes, I think Hawk is worse than all those others I've heard.

So when the Sox play the Tigers, you go downstairs and listen to those guys? I think they are 2 of the worst--AL only, I didn't watch much NL, except the Phillies, whose guys I like.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
So when the Sox play the Tigers, you go downstairs and listen to those guys? I think they are 2 of the worst--AL only, I didn't watch much NL, except the Phillies, whose guys I like.

We watch a variety of games. I don't recall, offhand, just how bad the Tigers announcers are in reality. I do know that I listen to Harrelson day in day out during the season, as I catch almost every single Sox game, and he is consistently terrible, always making the same calls and telling the same stories every single game.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 06:19 PM)
It's obvious that AJ Pierzynski is the future of the White Sox broadcast booth.

Quoted for truth.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
Just curious, do you have the MLB Extra Innings package?

This is so true. I'm out of market, and with EI you normally get the home team announcers (Also if it is a home game on WCIU I get the away feed). Sometimes during the season I went a week or so with out Hawk & DJ. They do some annoying stuff, but there is A LOT worse out there.