D-Backs Cubs Series thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 08:09 AM)
I listened to the 9th and post game as I drifted off to sleep last night. Santo in the 9th was blasting Valverde because he was acting like a hot dog. Really Ronnie? What do you call your starter last night?

Interesting that Ol' Heel Clicker would find fault in someone showing the opponents up.

Oh, I forgot, that was honest, good-natured, "love of the game" s*** when he did it.

I don't recall him blasting Sosa's hops, Zambrano's histrionics or Ramirez's long, loving stares at home run balls.

What a hypocrite.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 09:03 AM)
The arrogance of the cub franchise is simply incredible. Without a win in game 2 or 3 there is no Big Z Sunday. If Owings is going to hit he should face Hill or Lilly.

Yes... this was dumb of the Cubs. Pull your ace after 85 pitches in the 6th inning of a tied game where it didn't look like the D-Backs stood a chance to hit him... because you're concerned about a game that might not even be played.

How funny.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 08:50 AM)
sort of a trivia question, i dont know if any of you would know the answer:

Is this the first time that 4 teams have made the playoffs that were not in the playoffs the previous year(since the wildcard expansion)?

I cant remember if this is unique or not, the braves were in the playoffs for something like 15 straight years, so it would have been relatively recent if it ever happened

Not only the N.L., but the A.L. playoffs have 3 teams who weren't in in last year. So in total, 7 of the 8 teams did not go to the playoffs last year. That's very odd.

Hahaha. Cubs fans are accusing Webb of having grease on his hat. No matter that he was wiping his sweat on the brim of his cap, he OBVIOUSLY was cheating. Also they are accusing the Dbacks ground crew of softening up the dirt in front of the plate to help his ground balls.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 10:52 AM)
Hahaha. Cubs fans are accusing Webb of having grease on his hat. No matter that he was wiping his sweat on the brim of his cap, he OBVIOUSLY was cheating. Also they are accusing the Dbacks ground crew of softening up the dirt in front of the plate to help his ground balls.

That's why they call it home field advantage.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)

That same "soft" dirt that led to the only Cubs run?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 10:52 AM)

First of all, I don't know what the hell they are talking about in regards to Webb, and I watched very closely. Second, without that dirt in front of the plate the Cubs get shut out. Also, Carlos Marmol my friends is in deep s***. The D'Backs did the same thing Florida did about a week ago, and that is expose Carlos. All he EVER does is throw early count sliders, almost never in the zone, so if you take them and get ahead in the count, he throws hittable fastballs. That led to the home run that won the game by Miguel Cabrera last week, and also the home run that won the game by Reynolds last night, uh oh. And of course, finally, the Cubs logic with Zambrano is stupid as they are now HUGE underdogs no matter what in this series because unless they plan on winning 3 in a row, they'll have to win game 5 AT Arizona with Webb pitching (good luck).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
First of all, I don't know what the hell they are talking about in regards to Webb, and I watched very closely. Second, without that dirt in front of the plate the Cubs get shut out. Also, Carlos Marmol my friends is in deep s***. The D'Backs did the same thing Florida did about a week ago, and that is expose Carlos. All he EVER does is throw early count sliders, almost never in the zone, so if you take them and get ahead in the count, he throws hittable fastballs. That led to the home run that won the game by Miguel Cabrera last week, and also the home run that won the game by Reynolds last night, uh oh. And of course, finally, the Cubs logic with Zambrano is stupid as they are now HUGE underdogs no matter what in this series because unless they plan on winning 3 in a row, they'll have to win game 5 AT Arizona with Webb pitching (good luck).

His hat had a wet spot on the brim on the top. It was wet from his sweat on his hands. Nothing of concern really.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
His hat had a wet spot on the brim on the top. It was wet from his sweat on his hands. Nothing of concern really.

That's my point, sweat is not a foreign substance, and if it was, Freddy Garcia would have been banned for life from baseball in about 1999.