2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My cousin's wife had a chance for seats in her company's skybox for Saturday night at the UC.

She passed on it.

They didn't offer it to me, but I couldn't go anyway - their daughter's 1st birthday party is Saturday and I'm going to their house.

The Cubs game will be on (my cousin's a huge Cubs fan).

That's about the same as Opening Night in a skybox.

Excited about the season. I ordered my sports package from DirectTV last night and of this morning it said I had not ordered it. :huh

I still think the Blackhawks may be a year away, they are awfully young, but I love what Dale has done with this team. The franchise has a bright bright future and even if this year doesn't end in the playoffs.

I got me a Super Bowl (Da Bears, 1985), got us a World Series, I don't really care about the NBA but am glad the Bulls won....the last piece of the puzzle is watching the Blackhawks hoist Lord Stanley's cup. Give it some time, but we're going to get there. The opening salvo begins tonight.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 10:18 AM)
I'm pretty sure both Toews and Ruutu are out for tonight. That's a bummer.

Havy is supposed to play though. Ruutu will be makes his season debut on Saturday and I'm not sure about when Toews will debut (Talon says he wants to play it safe with him).

I woudlnt mind seeing Satan here... I would certainly get that Jersey.

BOSTON GLOBE: Kevin Paul Dupont predicts Columbus's Sergei Fedorov, Boston's PJ Axelsson and the Islanders Miroslav Satan are the three "most likely to be traded" this season. He feels Fedorov could be enticing to a Cup contender, the Bruins need for more blueline depth makes Axelsson expendable and Satan could be destined for Chicago depending on how their young forwards pan out.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
I'm at work tonight, but following online. Are a lot of these chances legit, or just forcing shots? Sounds like the Hawks are making Backstrom work, just can't put it in the net.

Some are yes. Admittedly, some of the saves have been basic chances, but Sharp and Havlat have had a couple really nice looks. For the most part the Hawks are outplaying the Wild, but there was about 2 minutes of the 2nd period where the Wild kicked our ass and that's when they got that goal.

We just can't finish and yes Backstrom has been solid.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 05:00 AM)
So, Hawks get shutout, and Havlat goes down. X-Ray results should come out tomorrow morning. Oh, and the problem area is the right shoulder, the same shoulder Marty has surgery on, twice.

He gonna be gone for a while, fellers.

Overall I didn't think the Hawks played so terribly. Backstrom looks like a real good 'keeper and the Wild have a great defensive system. Kane had a would-be goal jump over his stick and Bourque and Sharp couldn't finish breakaways. A little frustrating but with two of your top six forwards out on the road against Minny, a 1-0 loss isn't the worst showing. No points, which sucks, but they played decent hockey.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 08:05 AM)
I finally caught the replay. Havlat is out for a while, I agree. I guess we could pray for some sort of bruise, but that just doesn't seem all that likely. The way he had his right arm by his side looked awful. Be interested to see who gets the call. Skille?

Maybe the kids will get more time then we all thought.

well, hopefully Toews is ready to go in the next coupla games... can't say I'm shocked, the Blackhawks "stars" always seem to go down and early.