2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
Will it be shown on the sports package like that? Because then im going to a bar to watch it for sure.

If you're in Chicago, I'd guess they won't show it, but then again, I'm unfamiliar with most bars and how that works (whether they can get an outside feed or something like that). I'm in Milwaukee so I don't have that problem -- I get all the games, home and away, with the home games being the non-Hawks' feed (obviously).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 11, 2007 -> 10:01 AM)
Toews debuts tonight. Koci and Vandermeer sitting with Zyuzin in the lineup.

Nice to see Toews back on the ice. We need all of the offense we can get ATM with Havlat out of the lineup.

Hawks getting outplayed tonight, lucky to have it tied heading into the third. Toews-Ruutu-Kane are the only forwards creating anything offensively. Seabrook also had a real bad turnover towards with about a minute left, lucky that San Jose didn't capitalize.

I only saw it once, live, but I yelled that it was weak as s*** when it was called, and I'm as far from a Hawks homer at a game as you will find.

Khabibulin was solid tonight, what else is new.

Toews with a sick first NHL goal, that was pimp. They left him on the jumbotron for like a full minute after that goal and the crowd cheered for almost all of it. That was kinda neat.

The first line tonight blew. It really didn't do a whole lot offensively. The '2nd' line is far better than our '1st' line. Ruutu/Toews/Kane at least generated some offense. The 2nd best line tonight was the 4th line with Burish/Adams/Lapointe. They forechecked pretty well and often drew the Thornton line and did a decent job on them. I really like Adams game (as a 4th liner). He's good defensively, on PK, on draws...he's a solid addition down there.

3rd line was meh, Bourque and Williams really need to do something productive somewhere here.

Vandermeer is still bad. I really hope he's the odd guy out when Zuz is back. He was really slow and got burned badly a few times tonight. His puck movement leaves a lot to be desired as does his foot speed. I'll be pissed if it's one of the other guys that is the odd man out. Wiz and MagJo are way better than him, and Sopel seems decent enough right now to warrant some more playing time to see what he's all about.

Savard had some f***ed up power play units going tonight, using 5 forwards at times, and that unit didn't involve Kane, Toews, or Ruutu. Williams was on the point, Perrault was there, and Lang ended up there when SJ had a shorthanded breakaway because no one knew what the hell they were doing in the neutral zone and let a guy slip waaaaay behind them. I know we don't have any outstanding qbs, but 5 forwards at once, especially the ones he had out there, was terrible. They can't play defense on any sort of rush against them, and they have a hard time breaking it out. I really don't want to see more of that.

Crowd really wasn't that big at all tonight and it was kind of quiet for the most part because the Hawks were badly outplayed. Shots were in fact indicative of how the game went. Any time we had it in the offensive zone we couldn't sustain pressure or get a cycle going and most shots were from the outside. Any time it was in our zone, they toyed with us for entire shifts until we could get a clear and a change. Now SJ is a good hockey team, no doubt, but we were lethargic tonight. That's not the Hawks team from the first 2 games. I was just hoping to get to OT and basically steal a point and go from there, but that was one too many PP's to try to kill off. It was a really nice tip in by Michalek for the winner, it barely beat Habby.

I was at the game last night. We should have gotten a point in that game. No reason we should have lost it. Toews had a sick sick first goal, an awesome move followed up by physically out muscling the defender. He did get called for lots of bs calls as well. These Hawks are a decent team, Havlat is what makes them playoff-hopeful, and hes out.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
Crowd sounds, which can be deceiving, pretty good again tonight.

I'll be there on Saturday vs the Stars.

There was literally nobody there. Maybe 5k people.

Also there were alot of shots on goal for the Sharks, but most of them were right in Khabby's chest

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 11, 2007 -> 09:20 AM)
I was at the game last night. We should have gotten a point in that game. No reason we should have lost it. Toews had a sick sick first goal, an awesome move followed up by physically out muscling the defender. He did get called for lots of bs calls as well. These Hawks are a decent team, Havlat is what makes them playoff-hopeful, and hes out.

We COULD have gotten a point in that game, but we didn't deserve one whatsoever. We were terribly outplayed and outshot.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 12:16 AM)
We COULD have gotten a point in that game, but we didn't deserve one whatsoever. We were terribly outplayed and outshot.

They may have been outshot, but the quality of shots that the Sharks were taking gave us an opening for a point.

Too bad the future line is the only line that generates ANY chances whatsoever.

The Rangers have acquired right winger Pierre Parenteau from Chicago in exchange for a conditional 2008 seventh round draft pick. Parenteau is 24, 5'11-195, and was drafted by Anaheim in the ninth round (264th overall) in 2001. He had 79 points (30 goals) in 68 matches with Portland and Norfolk of the AHL last season. He appeared in five games for the Blackhawks, with one assist. He had been with Rockford in the AHL prior to the trade. TSN's scouting report says that he "has excellent offensive instincts [and] is a proven scorer in the minor-pro ranks." But, he "is somewhat undersized and needs to add more muscle in order to make it in the NHL, [and] must continue to work on his play without the puck."

The Hawks are playing a very physical game and throwing a lot more shots at Hasek than the Wings are used to allowing.

After falling behind 2-0, this is a very impressive showing on the road.

The pessimist in me wonders how much this game will take out of the Hawks with Dallas coming to the UC tomorrow night.