D'Backs vs. Rockies NLCS Thread

whitesoxfan101

I've already seen some chatter about this around here, so I figured I'd start the thread now that the matchup is official. Although not many people outside of die hards like us around here will be watching, this should IMO be a GREAT GREAT series. I believe it starts on Wednesday, maybe Thursday, but at any rate both teams will have time to set their rotations and thus it's even in that regard. I'll take the D'Backs in 7, but this series could really go either way. I feel obliged to root for Arizona with what they did to the Cubs.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Rotation against Colorado this season:

Webb 1-3 5.77 ERA

Davis 1-1 3.18 ERA

Hernandez 1-0 1.54 ERA

Owings 1st Career Start

Webb has been battered and beaten at Coors this year but has fared much better at Chase. His nemesis is Brad Hawpe whom has hit 3 homers off Webb this season (Webb surrendered 12 all season). Davis has been decent and Livan has owned Colorado this season for some unknown reason. My only guess is the aggressiveness of the Rocky hitters.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
2 teams that play the game the right way. What a horrible match up for TV.

If the people in charge would stop hyping this east coast stuff and talk about the Rocks it would make some people notice. I have to say the Rocks are the most exciting team left in playoffs, sadly almost no casual fan knows it.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 8, 2007 -> 01:04 PM)
The series to see who stands zero chance in the World Series against one of the Red Sox/Indians/Yankees.

I actually don't buy that. I think the Rockies offense is good enough to keep up, and anybody's pitching staff at any time can pitch well enough to contain the other offense.

If Arizona makes it, I have to believe the AL will win it, but I saw enough crazy s*** last year to not write anybody off, especially someone with a top 2 pitcher in the NL. I think Owings is a sleeper, as no one has seen what he may do in the postseason both with his arm and his bat; I do not like Davis or Livan in the least though, even with their NLDS performances.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 8, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
BoSox have better pitching than every team left in the playoffs.

And Verlander, Bonderman, Pine Tar, and Robertson >> Carpenter, Weaver, Reyes, and Suppan also.

No matter who is better, it's still a 7 game series. That said...it's not like the Bosox are playing bad ball now. I think that the ball Manny hit off of K-Rod just flew past my building.

BoSox are definitely the favorites right now. They absolutely rolled through the ALDS - as did the Rox and DBacks in the NL - but the Sawks have the talent to maintain such a streak. Hope they lose and one of Cleveland and Colorado wins it, but I think they have to be.

I still have Cleveland winning it though.

Just came back from Chase and that was a terrible scene and I would say a 1000 or stupid drunks gave a bad name to all Arizona fan. Not sure why they decided to act like Yankee fans. I have a bruise on my arm from some kind of bottle that was full that came from the upper deck.

I do think Colorado will win the whole thing.