D'Backs vs. Rockies NLCS Thread

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 12:57 AM)
Ehh -- the difference between either AL lineup and the D'Backs is so enormous it isn't even funny. You could obviously do this for every player in the order, but things are just a tad bit different when you're pitching to number three hitter Eric Byrnes vs number three hitter Travis Hafner or David Ortiz.

And I know this isn't the ALCS thread, but the ALCS so far has been everything I could've asked for. I'll be shocked if the series doesn't make its way back to Boston. Those are two great baseball teams going at it.

Truth but the Phillies have a pretty damn good lineup and the Rockies handled them with relative ease as well.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rockies have an incredible bullpen and outstanding lineup, plus play great defense, so they obviously have a great shot in the World Series when you combine that with how hot they are. The problem is, they will be going against an outstanding AL team, who will have just as good a lineup, just as good a bullpen, and a better starting pitching rotation (I still don't trust the Rockies starters after Francis). The World Series should be a great one no matter who wins in the AL, but the Rockies will not find it quite as easy now that they don't get to play NL teams anymore.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
The Rockies have an incredible bullpen and outstanding lineup, plus play great defense, so they obviously have a great shot in the World Series when you combine that with how hot they are. The problem is, they will be going against an outstanding AL team, who will have just as good a lineup, just as good a bullpen, and a better starting pitching rotation (I still don't trust the Rockies starters after Francis). The World Series should be a great one no matter who wins in the AL, but the Rockies will not find it quite as easy now that they don't get to play NL teams anymore.

I have more faith in the Rockies starters after Francis than I do Boston's. Schilling isn't what he used to be, and Matsuzaka isn't great.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)
Colorado in June ripped both NYY and Boston including a 12-2 and 7-1 routs of Boston.

They won't be playing either of those teams in the World Series though, as the Indians are about to finish off eliminating them both, so that holds no relevance.

The main issue for me is whether the young guns of the rotation in Morales and Jimenez can keep pitching the way they have been, and that they don't get a case of "stage fright" pitching in their 1st world series considering both were in the minors this season.

I think they'll continue what they've been doing though, and it'll make for a great series, no matter who they're playing. And for the 1st time in a couple of season, I think you feel confident that the Rockies are a team from the National League that deserve to be there, based on their roster and how they've played over the past couple of months.