'Hat Guy' at Jacobs Field

Linnwood

So I am sure I am not the only person to notice, but there is a guy who sits in the first row at Jacobs Field and is on camera every time there is a left-handed batter. And the guy keeps changing his hat during the game. Well, being peculiar as I am, this has always drove me nuts wondering if there is a backstory, and if so what it is.

Today I finally got relief:

Uni Watch: Man Of Many, Many Hats

Cleveland Indians: O'Toole The Jake's cool cat in a hat

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 05:42 PM)
NO one in Cleveland bugs me as much as the guy with the drum...

If I remember correctly, when the Indians had to play a 'home game' at Miller Park this year due to snow, I think I read the club payed for him to go to Milwaukee.

So annoying...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 10:17 AM)
Nobody in their right mind likes the drum guy, even many indians fans i spoke with at the Jake said its damn annoying.

I think he's a top two fan in all of baseball.

--

I just think that Drum Fan's dedication is praise-worthy. He's been doing it since 1971 and has only missed ten games, if I recall correctly. Besides that, I'm not in the business of deriding individualism and dedication and creativity and fan support.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 11:16 AM)
I think he's a top two fan in all of baseball.

--

I just think that Drum Fan's dedication is praise-worthy. He's been doing it since 1971 and has only missed ten games, if I recall correctly. Besides that, I'm not in the business of deriding individualism and dedication and creativity and fan support.

I thought he said during the interview with TBS that he can't do day games because of work, but he makes all the night games.

When I went to The Jake, I was two sections over and I didn't really notice him at all. I don't think I'd buy a ticket in his section, though - that drum would drive me nuts.

Anyone remember when the Blackhawks had the four or five drummers walking around during games? I wanted to strangle those guys.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)
I thought he said during the interview with TBS that he can't do day games because of work, but he makes all the night games.

When I went to The Jake, I was two sections over and I didn't really notice him at all. I don't think I'd buy a ticket in his section, though - that drum would drive me nuts.

Anyone remember when the Blackhawks had the four or five drummers walking around during games? I wanted to strangle those guys.

Watching the Indians drummer makes me miss Andy the Clown.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)

The one guy I hate most of all, well besides Ronnie Woo-Woo, is the opera singing hotdog vendor from Detroit. I would run his ass over if I had the chance.

No matter how annoying you think the drum or hat guys are, clearly Ronnie Woo-Woo wins the award for the most annoying fan ever. I was in the bleachers for a Cubs game earlier this summer and his own fans were booing him.

Edit: And that's what I get for not noticing Southsiders post at the bottom.

Edited by whitesoxin'

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)
The one guy I hate most of all, well besides Ronnie Woo-Woo, is the opera singing hotdog vendor from Detroit. I would run his ass over if I had the chance.

There's this guy at Sox Park -- "AAAAAAAAH GOT BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

"AAAAAAAAH GOT BEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

In the left field, third base side, section. Oh, man, I hate him.