Red Sox Indians

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
Are White Sox fans of all people ridiculing a franchise for "not being able to close the deal"? Since 1994, the Indians have been to three World Series -- that's 3/5ths as many as our franchise has in its entire existence. Sure, we won in 2005, and I'll always be happy for that, but it's pretty silly to see White Sox fans mock another franchise for being down by one run in the ALCS.

Perhaps so ... but a choke is still a choke ... though I am not sure how many actually expected the Indians to win this series so much as people expect themto win the series after going up 3-1.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
Perhaps so ... but a choke is still a choke ... though I am not sure how many actually expected the Indians to win this series so much as people expect themto win the series after going up 3-1.

I'm not even sure I'd consider 2005 a choke by them. 2005 was a near-choke by us and incredible, .700 ball by them. I don't consider it choking to not sustain a .700 winning percentage all through the second half or to end up winning 93 games and slashing away at a huge lead.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)
I'm not even sure I'd consider 2005 a choke by them. 2005 was a near-choke by us and incredible, .700 ball by them. I don't consider it choking to not sustain a .700 winning percentage all through the second half or to end up winning 93 games and slashing away at a huge lead.

In reality, I would tend to agree with you on that. That still does not make it any less painful for Indians fans.

Yeah, I'm sure it's painful on some of them, but I don't think they or those players have anything to be ashamed of. And if they lose tonight, I don't think so, either. I'll be disappointed -- you should close the deal up 3-1 -- but still, it's not "choking" in my opinion. Being beat in seven games isn't choking, IMO.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 22, 2007 -> 02:38 AM)
It's not choking, it's called the breaks that went the Indians way in games 2, 3, and 4 aren't going the same way in games 5 & 6.

Two best teams in baseball, the future World Series Champion IMO. Great baseball right here. Enjoy it.

I don't agree with you very often, but I echo your sentiments.

This has turned out to be a great baseball game. Boston could've broke it open early, Cleveland bent but didn't break and now is clawing back in it. Unfortunately for them they still gotta find a way to scratch out one more versus (potentially) Okajima, Beckett, Delcarmen and Papelbon. They got the offense to do it, but it's going to be quite the finish (I hope).

I don't agree with you very often, but I echo your sentiments.

This has turned out to be a great baseball game. Boston could've broke it open early, Cleveland bent but didn't break and now is clawing back in it. Unfortunately for them they still gotta find a way to scratch out one more versus (potentially) Okajima, Beckett, Delcarmen and Papelbon. They got the offense to do it, but it's going to be quite the finish (I hope).

You don't agree with me because my handle isn't "Sox Rule Cubs Drool!" or something of the sort. Yup, nail and noggin on what you wrote.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
What players don't you like on this team? IMO, they're very likable.

They're young, down to earth, talented guys. Outside of Manny, I can't think of anybody whose disliked around the league.

Manny's the obvious one. I don't care for JD Drew. Youkillis' game I have no problem with but I hate the sight of him. Lugo is, unless I'm mistaken, a wife-beater (please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was arrested or sued or detained for it -- it came out somewhere). I don't like "Big Papi" for reasons I can't get into here but that I imagine you can surmise. I don't like Varitek. I like Lowell. I don't like Francona. I don't like Gagne. I do like Papelbon a lot.

But overall, it's just not a group I care for.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
Are White Sox fans of all people ridiculing a franchise for "not being able to close the deal"? Since 1994, the Indians have been to three World Series -- that's 3/5ths as many as our franchise has in its entire existence. Sure, we won in 2005, and I'll always be happy for that, but it's pretty silly to see White Sox fans mock another franchise for being down by one run in the ALCS.

It's not ridicule, it's frustration. Most of us want to see the Indians go to the Series.