2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 20, 2008 -> 04:27 PM)
To be fair, I'd prefer Beasley.

I could see going either way...the question is, how much can you get for Deng/Tyrus versus how much can you get for Hinrich if you do a trade?

QUOTE (Brian @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
I hope. Sign Deng, Bye Gordon, possibly goodbye Kirk.

Ok, I fane ignorance because I never expected the Bulls to pick this high, so I havent "scouted" the top 3 guys. Is Rose a true Point Guard or can he play Shooting guard? That might alter who I want. I think Kirk and Rose can co-exist if Rose can play the 2. but I dont think Rose and Gordon can if Rose played 1.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:34 PM)
Ok, I fane ignorance because I never expected the Bulls to pick this high, so I havent "scouted" the top 3 guys. Is Rose a true Point Guard or can he play Shooting guard? That might alter who I want. I think Kirk and Rose can co-exist if Rose can play the 2. but I dont think Rose and Gordon can if Rose played 1.

Rose is a pure PG and a phenomenal one at that. He is a better prospect then Paul or Williams coming out of college and it would not be surprising at all if he surpassed those two.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 21, 2008 -> 01:34 AM)

Rose is the most athletic point guard I've ever seen. Not a good shooter at this point, but he's the type of guy who improves every game.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
Rose is the most athletic point guard I've ever seen. Not a good shooter at this point, but he's the type of guy who improves every game.

Can he drop 25-30 on a regularly in a few years? If so, I am sold. Especailly if he can dish it out to players like Deng.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2008 -> 01:36 AM)

He wasn't a good shooter, but he's got a good shot -- that's in my completely ametur opinion. And by good shot I mean he's got good mechanics, at least with his wrist.... as opposed to another certain point guard who attends a certain school in a certain city of Milwaukee (//rant).

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 20, 2008 -> 04:38 PM)
Can he drop 25-30 on a regularly in a few years? If so, I am sold. Especailly if he can dish it out to players like Deng.

How much has CP3 improved people like David West, Tyson Chandler?

How much has Nash improve Amare, Marion, etc.?

What kind of impact has Deron Williams had on Boozer?

Raw talent, the Bulls front line is as loaded or more so than any of those teams. 3 top 10 picks sitting there in Tyrus, Noah, Deng. The reason you go for Rose is that you make all of them better.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
How much has CP3 improved people like David West, Tyson Chandler?

How much has Nash improve Amare, Marion, etc.?

What kind of impact has Deron Williams had on Boozer?

Raw talent, the Bulls front line is as loaded or more so than any of those teams. 3 top 10 picks sitting there in Tyrus, Noah, Deng. The reason you go for Rose is that you make all of them better.

Perfectly said.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)

As i just posted, i think i have swung. Yea, Rose. Beasley is too "log jammed" with Noah and Tyrus. Not that he isnt better. that is just a lot people in one area with no consistent players at the guard position.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 21, 2008 -> 01:43 AM)
As i just posted, i think i have swung. Yea, Rose. Beasley is too "log jammed" with Noah and Tyrus. Not that he isnt better. that is just a lot people in one area with no consistent players at the guard position.

Shouldn't you be in the primary/caucus thread? I depend on you for my pro-Obama updates!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 20, 2008 -> 05:43 PM)

IMO, if the Bulls thought Beasley was THAT much better...then the move they have to make is to try to move some combination of Deng, Tyrus, and Hinrich for someone to fill their PG slot.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
I have said for a LONG time that Deng is a good "third best" player. Kind of like how Tony was back with Scotty and Michael. If we took Rose and he can score 20+ and dish it out, yea, I'm sold.

Rose WILL be the next CP3 or Deron Williams.

Beasley will be the next HMMMM I don't know. I've never seen someone with his complete package. Shoot, rebound, block, defend... there's nothing he doesn't do well.

I have a feeling the Bulls stick with Kirk and draft Beasley to play PF. Then trade something like Gordon/Tyrus for a legitimate scoring SG. At this point, with his contract, you just aren't going to get a lot for Kirk.

Which would you rather have?

Noah/Tyrus/Deng/Gordon/Rose and upgrade to the bench or future draft picks?

Noah/Beasley/Deng/good SG (perhaps even a Gilbert sign and trade?)/Kirk

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2008 -> 12:47 AM)
Rose WILL be the next CP3 or Deron Williams.

Beasley will be the next HMMMM I don't know. I've never seen someone with his complete package. Shoot, rebound, block, defend... there's nothing he doesn't do well.

I have a feeling the Bulls stick with Kirk and draft Beasley to play PF. Then trade something like Gordon/Tyrus for a legitimate scoring SG. At this point, with his contract, you just aren't going to get a lot for Kirk.

Which would you rather have?

Noah/Tyrus/Deng/Gordon/Rose and upgrade to the bench or future draft picks?

Noah/Beasley/Deng/good SG (perhaps even a Gilbert sign and trade?)/Kirk

Beasley is awful on defense. He really is D. Coleman, V2

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
IMO, if the Bulls thought Beasley was THAT much better...then the move they have to make is to try to move some combination of Deng, Tyrus, and Hinrich for someone to fill their PG slot.

I dont see that happening. I dont think there are any great PGs on the market. At least not that I knwo of.