2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
Sweet interview Garnett. Pretty embarrassing.

http://www.slate.com/id/2193863/

I want to become certified, if anyone can help me with the process.

Embarrassing because he's overcome emotionally from winning his first nba title that he's worked so long for? Yeah, embarrassing alright.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
Embarrassing because he's overcome emotionally from winning his first nba title that he's worked so long for? Yeah, embarrassing alright.

Agreed. I can't imagine what Iverson will say when he wins one.

I'm not sure who the best veteran without a title is, but McGrady is eliminated from the discussion. The fact he's never won in the first round is one of the big running jokes in sports right now, and that is inexcuseable for somebody as talented as he is.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 10:21 PM)
I'm not sure who the best veteran without a title is, but McGrady is eliminated from the discussion. The fact he's never won in the first round is one of the big running jokes in sports right now, and that is inexcuseable for somebody as talented as he is.

It's not really been his fault though, as far as I know. It's not as if he's just personally bombed whenever his teams have made the playoffs. Take this year for example, Yao Ming is lost for the season again. wtf.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 05:04 AM)
It's not really been his fault though, as far as I know. It's not as if he's just personally bombed whenever his teams have made the playoffs. Take this year for example, Yao Ming is lost for the season again. wtf.

Even with that...look what Lebron has done the last 2 years with a crappier supporting cast than TMac's.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 11:35 AM)
Even with that...look what Lebron has done the last 2 years with a crappier supporting cast than TMac's.

LeBron >>> TMac. That's not even fair to compare them like that.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
Plus Lebron is playing in the East which is by far the easier conference. I know T-Mac was in the East before too but his surrounding cast was probably worse than Lebrons since Hill could never stay on the court.

I know, just take the Finals for example.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
I know, just take the Finals for example.

The Cardinals won the WS a couple years back does that mean the AL wasnt better? The best team doesnt always win the prize and 1 team also doesnt represent an entire conference in terms of overall strength.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
The Cardinals won the WS a couple years back does that mean the AL wasnt better? The best team doesnt always win the prize and 1 team also doesnt represent an entire conference in terms of overall strength.

I'd take Celtics over Lakers, and Pistons over Hornets any day.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)

The best team most certainly won the prize this year.