2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 06:19 AM)
When dont you pick them to be one of the best teams in the east? Homer!!!!

On another note, AI looked beyond impressive last night. If that teams clicks, they will be VERY dangerous.

The East is actually very wide open this season.

I saw Charles Barkley predict the Cavs won't even make the playoffs. And I actually think that could be a real possibility. Think about it, they go on a 6 game West Coast trip after their next home game, so say they end up being 1-7 or 2-6 to start off the season, even though it is very early, that's going to be hard to pull out of. They're just not very deep without Varejao and (I can't remember who else the other restricted FA is). A lot of teams such as Toronto, New Jersey, Washington, Miami etc. could either be top 4, or not even make the playoffs at all. And then teams such as Indiana and Philadelphia will be battling to sneak into the top 8 also.

If Orlando plays the way they did last night with Dwight hitting his free throws, and Rashard and Hedo knocking down shots from the perimeter (basically it's a lineup of 4 perimeter guys and Dwight Howard inside in an up-tempo style of basketball), I can't see why the Magic couldn't finish top 4. Stan Van Gundy is a very good coach as well, probably top 10 in the NBA.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 1, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
(I can't remember who else the other restricted FA is).

You need to hang around TalkBulls more often. They resigned Pavlovich the other day.

And the Bulls started what, 3-9 last year and still wound up 1 win away from the #2 seed.

Edited by Balta1701

Yeah I should.

I suppose I'm just a little hesitant on the Cavs. Are they going to have a hangover from last season?

They're not a team who scores in big amounts, and if you can shut down James, they don't really have a lot of other quality scoring options.

At best, I see them in the 5-8 range this season. Re-signing Sasha will help open up the court more though which is exactly what they need.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
Bears and Bulls, both turning the ball over with regularity! Tyrus had a great game though.

That's one thing I can take away from it though. Mah boy Tyrus being the stud he usually is gettin it done. Of course I'm probably the biggest Tyrus Thomas fan on this board. :D

I was there. They are obviously VERY distracted, it was shocking how sloppy and unfocused they looked, outside of Tyrus and Ben Gordon who were great. Ben Wallace is officially useless now too, he got eaten alive on the glass all night. Just make the damn Kobe trade already, not like this group is going anywhere.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 3, 2007 -> 12:43 AM)
I was there. They are obviously VERY distracted, it was shocking how sloppy and unfocused they looked, outside of Tyrus and Ben Gordon who were great. Ben Wallace is officially useless now too, he got eaten alive on the glass all night. Just make the damn Kobe trade already, not like this group is going anywhere.

Once you see the gametape and see how bad Gordon was in the last 6 minutes of the game, you might want to recant that statement. Gordon was absolutely brutal when they needed him the most, he turned the ball over on about 4 straight possessions.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 3, 2007 -> 08:46 AM)
Once you see the gametape and see how bad Gordon was in the last 6 minutes of the game, you might want to recant that statement. Gordon was absolutely brutal when they needed him the most, he turned the ball over on about 4 straight possessions.

I'm aware, but EVERYBODY was turning it over all night, and his shooting and rebounding (along with Tyrus' all around game) kept the Bulls in it most of the night, so I'll let it slide by the standards of last nights game.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 4, 2007 -> 02:43 AM)
I was thinking about this the other day, and it's really depressing to think of how bad Paxson has done with this team over the last few years.

I'm just hoping they don't resign Ben Gordon to the big money he's asking for. The Bulls that I like the least right now are Gordon and Nocioni.

Ben Gordon has basically become the Scott Podsednik of the Bulls. No matter what happens, he gets the most blame. Deserved or not. Anybody want to call out Mr. 15 million dollars a year? How does 10 points and 11 rebounds in 3 games sound to ya? How about Kirk Hinrich shooting 6/24 the last two nights? Deng? He gets his lunch handed to him by a superior player in AI 2 on Friday. How does he respond? 4/11 and 8 points tonight? This is a bad, bad team right now.