Rolen to Minnesota??

bschmaranz

Rolen to Twins?

Nov 9 - The Twins and Cardinals are discussing a deal that would send third baseman Scott Rolen to Minnesota, ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney reports. Rolen has three years and $33 million remaining on his contract. The Cardinals are presumably asking for pitching in return, but they might not get much due to Rolen's injury history and the money involved.

If they get Garza for Rolen..I'll be completely shocked. I'd imagine something else has to be with it.

I mentioned this in another thread a few minutes ago cuz my buddy from STL told me they were in talks w/Minnesota the last two days. He said they called about Rasmus and don't have enough for him I guess. He said they're interested in Rolen, Rasmus, Ankiel or Duncan.

Rolen, Ankiel and Duncan I can all see worthy of acquiring Bonser. Still leaves Minnesota with Santana, Liriano, Baker, Garza and Slowey.

Rolen though would have to have some of his contract eaten like someone said. No way the Twins pay him 11 mil to sit on the 60-day.

QUOTE(Chombi and the Fungi @ Nov 9, 2007 -> 02:18 PM)
Rolen, Ankiel and Duncan I can all see worthy of acquiring Bonser.

Wow. if I was a GM, I would want to trade with you. All that for Bonser of the 5+ERA? The Twins would have a deal rivalling their AJ trade!

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Nov 9, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
Wow. if I was a GM, I would want to trade with you. All that for Bonser of the 5+ERA? The Twins would have a deal rivalling their AJ trade!

Using the word "and" was probably a bad choice; I read it more as Rolen, Ankiel, or Duncan are all worth Bonser, as in they'd trade any one of those guys for Bonser.

I wouldn't be shocked if it is all hot air. I go back and forth as to whether I believe the Twins.

If the Tigers were claiming to be doing this, I'd believe it. The Twins...not so much.

I don't understand the purpose of trading Santana prior to the all-star break. I expect them to still get the same talent in return b/c let's face it, it's Johan. A half season of Johan for a contending club is huge. I can't see the Dodgers for instance offering Kemp/Kershaw now, and then be 2 games out at the break and turning down that deal for Johan. Who knows though? Teams and their prospects lately is weird.

They do have a lot of holes but I expect them to be gun-shy w/their arms in the offseason unless it's a huge deal for them. Bonser yea but I don't count him as a member of their core staff anymore. As far as Garza, Santana, Liriano, or Slowey....Don't see them biting unless it's a very good deal for them.