Jon Garland

Milkman delivers

While I appreciate everything Garland gave to the organization I always thought he was a "me-first" player.

Besides the obvious whining and snubbing of White Sox fans, I had the unfortunate experience of meeting Jon and Kip Wells on a road trip to Cleveland in 2001. While no player has the obligation of talking with fans, Jon was arrogant and unfriendly to me and my father. Remember, at that point, he was only 21 years old or so.

Everyone has bad days and maybe this was one for Garland, but in all my experiences with him and memories of him dealing with the press, I will not miss him at all.

QUOTE(NCsoxfan @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
While I appreciate everything Garland gave to the organization I always thought he was a "me-first" player.

Besides the obvious whining and snubbing of White Sox fans, I had the unfortunate experience of meeting Jon and Kip Wells on a road trip to Cleveland in 2001. While no player has the obligation of talking with fans, Jon was arrogant and unfriendly to me and my father. Remember, at that point, he was only 21 years old or so.

Everyone has bad days and maybe this was one for Garland, but in all my experiences with him and memories of him dealing with the press, I will not miss him at all.

Way to be the jackass who hijacks the thread. Nice work.

Big Jon, I definitely will miss you. While I was one of many who would get frustrated with you from time to time, I really appreciate all you did for this team and this city. Without you, we arguably wouldn't have won the big one in '05. I sincerely wish you the best of luck in LA and hope you end up staying strong.

Jon, I hope the Sox f*** you up every time we see you and singlehandedly send your era into the mid-teens. Besides that, I wish you well. Unless the Angels get Miguel Cabrera. In that case, if the Sox are good, I hope everyone f***s you up real bad, which will likely send your career into a tailspin, although be assured that that is not my goal, I just do not want to see good pitching + Vlad + Cabrera on one team in the playoffs. But since the Sox will probably suck regardless, I will, probably, wish you well.

Sincerely,

jh