• 2.WVU
    • 3.Ohio St.
    • 4.UGA
    • 5.LSU

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 06:17 PM)
Somehow someway OSU will get in it and win it.

yeah i think WVU takes care of business, and mizzou loses to oklahoma leaving OSU WVU in the national championship with OSU scoring at will while pat white and slaton can't quite put up enough

Who has Missouri beat?

They won the first game of the season against Illinois and now thats their top win?

And dont say Kansas either, because that team absolutely played no one.

The end of OSU's schedule: PSU, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan was far and away more difficult than Colorado, Texas A&M, KState, Kansas.

Each of the teams OSU played were ranked in the top 25 at one point in the season.

Of WVU, Missouri, and OSU, I feel OSU deserves the BCS title shot the most. If OSU played WVU's schedule I cant even imagine how they would lose. WVU only beat Cinci by 5 points and they arent even on the same plane of existence as OSU.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
yeah i think WVU takes care of business, and mizzou loses to oklahoma leaving OSU WVU in the national championship with OSU scoring at will while pat white and slaton can't quite put up enough

Remember who beat OSU though...the Illini's spread offense. And who destroyed them in the 4th quarter...a running QB. Look, Illinois is a WVU clone with talent that doesn't quite make it. Pat White and Steve Slaton are damn good and add in Noel Devine (if he can hold on to the ball) and you have a team that could give OSU fits. It would be a great matchup to see if Tressel's as good of a coach as people thinks he is.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
Remember who beat OSU though...the Illini's spread offense. And who destroyed them in the 4th quarter...a running QB. Look, Illinois is a WVU clone with talent that doesn't quite make it. Pat White and Steve Slaton are damn good and add in Noel Devine (if he can hold on to the ball) and you have a team that could give OSU fits. It would be a great matchup to see if Tressel's as good of a coach as people thinks he is.

As people thinks he is? I would say his resume and ringS speak for themselves.

It's bad when I don't pick Missouri, but Ohio State fans need to shut up about being the best team or deserving to be there. Missouri beat Illinois on a neutral field and Ohio State lost to them at home. Deal with it. It doesn't matter though because if Missouri wins Saturday it would be impossible to say they don't deserve it because they'd have beaten everyone on their schedule.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 12:37 PM)
It's bad when I don't pick Missouri, but Ohio State fans need to shut up about being the best team or deserving to be there. Missouri beat Illinois on a neutral field and Ohio State lost to them at home. Deal with it. It doesn't matter though because if Missouri wins Saturday it would be impossible to say they don't deserve it because they'd have beaten everyone on their schedule.

And those fans would be?

11-1 in the Big Ten is impressive, even with a bad game against Illinois.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
And those fans would be?

11-1 in the Big Ten is impressive, even with a bad game against Illinois.

OSU was 7-1 in the Big Ten and 4-0 against complete patsies. 7-1 in the Big Ten this year is not all that impressive. OSU is going to have to earn some respect in a bowl game, whichever that is, because they haven't earned much on the field this year.

Um...if you count teams that have been ranked at some point this season...then Missouri has played 6 ranked teams and beaten 5 of them. Our loss was to a top ten team in Norman, where OU doesn't lose very often. Your loss was to a top 15 team at home. Hmm...yeah big ten was pretty great this year...at collapsing from your top rankings. Big Ten teams can't compete with spread offenses, we'd easily drop 40+ on you.

This is just silly, you cant compare OSU's schedule to Missouri because OSU's is just more difficult.

Who has Missouri beat?

Illinois on the first game? If the game was played tomorrow do you really think it would be the same result? Was it the same Juice Williams who played OSU that played Missouri? Do you think that Mendenhall only runs for 33 yards?

Illinois had 5 turnovers that game, only 119 rushing yards, and almost beat Missouri.

Against OSU, Illinois had 0 turnovers and ran for 260 yards.

Now either:

A) Missouri's defense is just that much better than OSU.

B ) Illinois a young team drastically improved as the season progressed.

So now you are left with Missouri having 0 good wins (beating Kansas who has literally not even played another top 25 team does not count).

Ohio State beat, Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan.

As for Big 10 teams cant compete with the spread offense, that is some what ironic because the spread offense has been in the big 10 for years in Indiana and Northwestern. I dont really see NU or IU winning a lot of games, so it must be something more than "Just the spread offense."

OSU has the talent to beat the spread, they just play in the Big 10 and therefore have to be more concerned with power running games and high talent offenses than a team like Missouri.

I guess we will see, I just think that there is a big difference between Big 10 talent and Big 12 talent.

Edited by Soxbadger

You?

Im not an OSU fan.

And yes you have a better SOS, if Wisconsin, Illinois, PSU, Michgain played Kansas's schedule they would bump OSU to have a higher strength of schedule.

Unfortunately they dont have the benefit of being in the Big 12.

Kansas had the 102 ranked SOS, thus leading them to having a great record and improving everyone on their schedule's SOS. Oklahoma had a ranking of 98.

Wisconsin SOS 57, Michigan 42, Illinois 51, Penn State 63

Do you really think if Kansas played any of Illinois, Michigan, or Penn States schedule that they would only have 1 loss?

Can you really in your heart of hearts believe that Kansas would be the 2nd best team in the Big 10?

Take of your Missouri blinders for a second and just look at the facts.

The Big 12's best teams had remarkably easy schedules. Thus when they win all the games they are supposed to they get high rankings. Then the other Big 12 team beats on the teams that only beat nobodies, thus improving the strength of schedule of the other team even though there really is no reason.

How does beating Kansas (SOS 101), Oklahoma (SOS 98), Illinois (SOS 51)

Compare to beating, Wisconsin (SOS 57), Michigan (SOS 42), Penn State (SOS 63)

If Kansas or OK play in the big 10 they face remarkably harder schedules, they most likely do not go 10-1 and 10-2 respectively and therefore Missouri's SOS would take a major hit.

Once again, who has the Big 12 beat outside of Illinois on the first game?

Here is the site for SOS I used (just a generic one i found) http://teamrankings.com/ncf/27powerratings.php3

Edited by Soxbadger

According to SOS, Missouri's schedule was stronger than LSU's.

How can that even be possible?

Well here is another one that puts LSU higher http://gberatings.com/sos/

Just goes to show that SOS is a joke because its based on who your opponent beat. I mean in this one (compared to the other site), Penn State moved up, Wisconsin moved down. Which is really hard to understand because the majority of the opponents they play are the same.

And any team would have a hard time beating LSU, I know some LSU fans though and they were concerned about OSU..

Edited by Soxbadger

BAHAHAHAH LSU concerned about OSU? I highly doubt it. What is their threat? Did they get faster from last year? no. The big Ten was weak as ever. It's funny seeing the Big 10 every year coming with their overrated rankings after their seasons playing overrated teams and then they get into bowls and get blown out. If it was easy winning every game in a season, more people would do it, even with weak schedules. If it's as simple as good team should beat weaker teams, than michigan shouldn't have lost to app. state, Ohio State shouldn't have lost to illinois, at home, USC shouldn't have lost to Stanford, and LSU most certainly should have not lost to arkansas...etc.

In a year when so many unranked teams have beaten ranked teams, you'd think that the team that didn't have major blunders against weak weak opponents wouldn't get s*** on as much as Missouri. No, we lost in Norman, a place I'd say Oklahoma has built a pretty big reputation winning there. Kansas despite playing a weak schedule, is a consistent team that had to win in hard places, that's why better teams lose to worse ones, it's tough to play in college station, it's tough to play in colorado. Despite the score, at one point Mizzou was leading 37-14 against U of I. As was common early in the year, we let up a lot in the second half. We had a pretty young defense, they got better as the year went on. Surprisingly, so did our offense, our running game was non-existent earlier in the year. I know looking back it's easy to say "well that team sucks now", but like I said, Missouri did beat Nebraska when they were ranked, we beat texas tech when they were ranked, and we didn't just beat them, we beat the s*** out of them. And teams we beat unranked turned out better than we thought (i.e. U of I). And LSU had a hell of a time against Ole Miss, but when we do, it shows we are "weak". (Still won though)

And I'll tell you what...we'd beat michigan. we'd beat Penn State. We'd beat OSU. We'd beat Wisconsin. The Big Ten doesn't scare me at all. The SEC does, the PAC 10 has schools that do, and WVU's rushing attack do. But an SEC team would be foolish not to be scared of our offense. 5 rb's avg. 4.9 yards a carry. Two top TE's in the nation. Heisman Candidate QB. Freshman that broke record in all-purpose yards. Will Franklin, Danario Alexander, JRay.

I'm sorry the Big Ten has to rely on other teams that continue to play to lose to get into more BCS games. Maybe Michigan should've learned how to deal with spread offenses. Maybe Wisconsin shouldn't have choked away their top 5 ranking. Maybe OSU shouldn't have lost to Illinois. at HOME. And Maybe Illinois shouldn't have had losses to...IOWA. Even Iowa state can beat iowa. Hell, NIU barely beat Iowa.

I realize college football fans hate to see anyone other than the 8 major programs get in the spotlight. But don't fault a team for ... I don't know, winning so much that they work their way to #1, while the other teams choke.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 11:01 PM)
Juice pretty much did not play at all in that game. And Eddie McGhee was pretty awful.

Not our fault we concussed Juice. I would have preferred Juice played. He looked awful. McGee had a bad first half, but he impressed me very much in the second half. He can actually hit a receiver, and when you have a receiver like Benn, that's more important than one that can run. I can't believe the long passes Juice was getting off vs. OU, his wide open receivers would just have to sit and wait for the lame ducks to arrive.