Miguel Cabrera to the Tigers

fathom

QUOTE(Chombi @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
Wait, teams made up of just solely right handed hitters. Cuz you saw that lefties figured him out right??? Just wanted to make sure we agreed that a .130 ba or whatever was figuring out a pitcher

I'm sure all D-Train will see in the AL is left handed hitters. Like that .130 against lefties turning into a .294 overall baa on the year in '07.

D-Train has declined yearly in every category because teams have figured him out.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I never said anything about '06.....I was referring to '07.

That's correct. You didn't. Dbaho did. You just questioned it. So fair enough.

You said teams have figured Dontrelle out and yet lefties still don't hit him. I don't get why you made it green. Is it funny that you clearly didn't watch him pitch and certainly not everyone has figured him out? Or was it just that righties hit him well with his stuff being worse?

And his stuff hasn't declined every year seeing as he had his best season right smack in the middle. Again, check the facts. In fact 04 and 06 were very similar and neither were very bad. Actually pretty decent. Which leaves us at that one bad season again. That season that you didn't really watch, and didn't really know anything about.

I am glad you are keeping my mind this fresh at such an hour but I will be heading to bed soon.

I am done arguing this. You have no intension of getting anywhere and admitting you're wrong. You're trying to weasal your way into other things and getting embarressed in that aspect as well.

I will say it again, all I said was Javy and Dtrain are both questionmarks. Dtrain is more of one because he needs to regain his stuff. Javy just needs to prove he can put back to back successful seasons together again and do it for a team that we'd hope contends. That is all I am saying. If you don't think Javy is a question mark and are that confident then I am proud of you. For me, someone who watches baseball. I'd like to see him repeat his 07' and not fall back into the Javy we have seen since 04. And I'd also like to see Willis continue to struggle before I say 07' is the absolute.

QUOTE(Chombi @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 02:05 AM)
That's correct. You didn't. Dbaho did. You just questioned it. So fair enough.

You said teams have figured Dontrelle out and yet lefties still don't hit him. I don't get why you made it green. Is it funny that you clearly didn't watch him pitch and certainly not everyone has figured him out? Or was it just that righties hit him well with his stuff being worse?

It's in green because it's sarcasm. "He can get lefties out!" That'd be great if he were a reliever. Dude.....hitters hit a combined .294 off of him and he had a WHIP of 1.6. It doesn't matter that he can get lefties out from starter's prospective because he won't face them. He's been up in the zone all day the past two years and in the AL....kiss it good bye.

If you're pretending that the Tigers actually WANTED Dontrelle in that deal.......whatever. They had to take Dontrelle if they wanted to get Cabrera. There was absolutely NO market for Dontrelle. If you claim to already know this....why defend Dontrelle in the first place?

QUOTE(Chombi @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 02:05 AM)
I am done arguing this. You have no intension of getting anywhere and admitting you're wrong. You're trying to weasal your way into other things and getting embarressed in that aspect as well.

Actually I'm sitting in my squad car having a good laugh about this. (I'd patrol more, but there is about a foot of snow on the ground right now so I'm just kind of hanging out here until a call comes in).

I'm trying to weasel out of what? Saying that Javy is 100 times the pitcher that D-Train is going into next season? Wow how dumb of me to say.