Miguel Cabrera to the Tigers

fathom

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:52 PM)
Cabrera would play LF. If we did this, we'd probably just play Crede at 3b this year, and then let him leave after next season. Remember, if we did this, it's not like Cabrera would blow the budget THIS season. There'd still be money around to possibly acquire a starting pitcher.

I disagree. They'd trade Crede, Cabrera at 3B and Quentin in LF.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
This could very well be a plant...but at least it got me excited today.

Saying the halls of the hotel were buzzing at that the team is close to an announcement seems a bit unethical if you are looking to plant misinformation. These people are there. At the hotel. How you could you make that up?

QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
Saying the halls of the hotel were buzzing at that the team is close to an announcement seems a bit unethical if you are looking to plant misinformation. These people are there. At the hotel. How you could you make that up?

Remember how close we were supposedly to trading for Soriano last year, for it to only be a plant?

Any chance that it could be Crede and another prospect instead of Fields???

So, Crede, Gio, Danks or Floyd and another prospect?

I really do like Fields and think he could be good (and cheap) for the Sox. Just a thought.

If not, then maybe Crede for 2008 and then Cabrera moves to 3B in 2009???

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)
I need to make this clear. You do WHATEVER it takes to get Cabrera. He is a 24 year old HOF candidate, and all indications say he would love to play for the Sox and Ozzie. You get this guy locked up for years, and you have a Frank Thomas type hitter to build around.

At least I can guarantee with 100 pct certainty that quickman will agree with this.

I can't imagine we could get this done...no way no how. I can't imagine other teams can't easily eclipsed what the Sox are offering.

I'd :lolhitting ... if we could get Cabrera for Fields, Gio, and Floyd. Adding Danks in there instead of Floyd is tough to swallow, but probably still a worthy move.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 04:54 PM)
Remember how close we were supposedly to trading for Soriano last year, for it to only be a plant?

There was no quotes like this with Soriano. It was more conjecture on our part of wishing we would of picked him up at the deadline in 06.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
I can't imagine we could get this done...no way no how. I can't imagine other teams can't easily eclipsed what the Sox are offering.

I'd :lolhitting ... if we could get Cabrera for Fields, Gio, and Floyd. Adding Danks in there instead of Floyd is tough to swallow, but probably still a worthy move.

That trade would turn out to be Bmac+Garcia+Fields for Cabrera. LOL I love it. Whatever it takes. Burn it down, you can rebuild around him. 24 Year old hitters like this dont grow on trees.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Yeah, that report can't possibly be true. Poorly written and the return sounds like crap. That would baffle me as to why the Marlins would accept that unless everyone else flatly refused.

A) blogger

B) there's probably a bit of truth to it...but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)
I need to make this clear. You do WHATEVER it takes to get Cabrera. He is a 24 year old HOF candidate, and all indications say he would love to play for the Sox and Ozzie. You get this guy locked up for years, and you have a Frank Thomas type hitter to build around.

I see, so you want the Sox to become the Texas Rangers when they had ARod? Giving up the future and present for one great player doesn't put championship banners on the flag pole, but I guess watching one great player is more exciting for the casual fan. In all seriousness, doesn't pitching and defense win championships?

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:55 PM)

You dont even give up DLS there, thats a complete steal.

Who has that pic. of the Cubs fans with the sayin "Gonna Happin'? Who ya Crappin'?" I think that fits for us here, its just to easy for other teams to outbid us, but I am not saying I wouldnt love this deal.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
Yeah, that report can't possibly be true. Poorly written and the return sounds like crap. That would baffle me as to why the Marlins would accept that unless everyone else flatly refused.

Deal may not work out, but I doubt the story is not "true". This isn't speculation - he reported something. If he just made it up, he'd be out of a job pretty quick.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)
Deal may not work out, but I doubt the story is not "true". This isn't speculation - he reported something. If he just made it up, he'd be out of a job pretty quick.

He's the Marlins beat writer, so this isn't some random blogger.

QUOTE(whitesox61382 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
I see, so you want the Sox to become the Texas Rangers when they had ARod? Giving up the future and present for one great player doesn't put championship banners on the flag pole, but I guess watching one great player is more exciting for the casual fan. In all seriousness, doesn't pitching and defense win championships?

Hate to break it to you, but these "future" guys aren't very special. Gio and Danks don't project to anything more than a #4.

QUOTE(whitesox61382 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)

And how exactly are you looking at what we are supposedly giving up and saying ....hell I will hedge my bets with that because thats what a championship is built around. I like Danks. I like Gio. But those 2 dont scream championship. If we can get this done, and not give up DLS. s*** its a steal. DLS >>>> Danks or Gio.