Rondell White

Todd Williams

Kevin Young

Gregg Zaun

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)
Mark Redman?

Also: Ken Caminiti? Bonds?

That's all! Ho, ho, ho.

I really doubt anyone new will get fingered but we'll see.

80 names... 80 names. Think about that. There's going to be many new names to hear about. Rumors confirmed, wrongs righted, butts slapped... it's going to be wild.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
I'd put money on it that 15-20 players named will be no name Mets bench players. (AKA: Timo) There's going to be an awful lot of disappointed people when the report is made public tomorrow.

Yes. 80 names only when over 100 tested positive alone during the "trial" drug testing in 2003. Most of the names that truly used will not be in there. My guess is mostly retired players who this won't effect.

I can't see him reading all 80 names. I think those will be released separately. I just can't imagine Mitchell uses any specific player names during the actual press conference. In addition, I imagine any questions about the players will generally lead to responses like "its in the report". The Selig press conference hours later is the one I look forward to....

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)
I can't see him reading all 80 names. I think those will be released separately. I just can't imagine Mitchell uses any specific player names during the actual press conference. In addition, I imagine any questions about the players will generally lead to responses like "its in the report". The Selig press conference hours later is the one I look forward to....

If It's a press conference, the first question will involve the name "Bonds".

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
I'd put money on it that 15-20 players named will be no name Mets bench players. (AKA: Timo) There's going to be an awful lot of disappointed people when the report is made public tomorrow.

Exactly.

Mitchell got info from 2 or 3 suppliers out of, at least, dozens. This list of names that everyone's looking forward to is going to be just that tiny fraction of users unlucky enough to use the guy who got caught. And it's a shame that such expectations are being built up for this report. It's an arbitrary sample of users, but you know some people will treat not being named as an exoneration.

What I heard is the report will be posted at 2 p.m. eastern at MLB.com and Mitchell will have a press conference at the same time. Then Selig will have one after that, topped off by the MLB players union later in the day.

I'm interested to see what it says. Early reports have it placing blame on the union and MLB as a whole for allowing a drug culture to exist. It wouldn't be the appropriate venue, but I hope in the fallout, someone takes the media to task as well. They just turned an absolute blind eye to the problem in the late 90's and some hide behind the "how could we know" b.s.

80 isn't really a ton of names considering a lot could fringe MLB players. The most interesting thing would be if it laid out a ton of big names, and the scrambling ESPN would do to protect certain franchises

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 08:43 AM)
ESPN RADIO: ROGER CLEMENS!!!!!

HAHAHAHA

I've been telling all my friends for the last 4-5 years that Clemens was most likely a roider, but everyone kept telling me i was crazy

brb gonna go feed some crow to a few people

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 08:43 AM)
ESPN RADIO: ROGER CLEMENS!!!!!

HAHAHAHA

He is the one that has always been talked about in the locker rooms. Since he looks to be retired, maybe he will be in it but I still doubt it.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:00 AM)
Anyone hear the quote from Boras stating that there is no due process and essentially there is no validity to the report at all. I wonder how many of his guys show up. I can think of at least a handful.

AAAAAAA ROOOOD

Seriously, knowing that Clemens is on it has already made my day.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:00 AM)
Anyone hear the quote from Boras stating that there is no due process and essentially there is no validity to the report at all. I wonder how many of his guys show up. I can think of at least a handful.

Kevin Kernan is speaking on ESPN right now, and according to ESPN he's close friends with Roger. He stated that if Brian Macnamee truly stated these allegations to the mitchell investigators, its most undoubtably true information as Brian Macnamee was VERY close to Roger