Here's to Frank Thomas.

Steve9347

I just feel so much pride for Frank. He continues to be the face of a natural, fair, red blooded baseball player, and one of the best to ever play. Frank is a leader of players who play the fair game.

I am proud to be a White Sox fan this day.

thomas_frank1028.jpg

All man, all real, all handsome.

Pride. That's it.

(now, on a bit of a funny note to think about, just imagine for one mere second if Frank had done steroids...hed probly be a career .320 hitter with like 600 jacks and a career OPS of like 1.050 or something ridiculous. K now stop imagining that because it's gross)

His numbers, which already stood on their merit, are now even more impressive when you consider he's one of the few, the proud, the clean. His on field accomplishments and the way he attained them can never be debated, he's an all time great and hall of famer. And he needs to get his 2000 MVP award that is so deserved.

I don't get this thread.

To me Frank never had any links to steroids, and the Mi$tchell Report isn't the end-all of the steroids in the history of baseball.

My level of respect for Frank, Thome or Konerko hasn't changed today, but I say that not as an insult.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
I don't get this thread.

To me Frank never had any links to steroids, and the Mi$tchell Report isn't the end-all of the steroids in the history of baseball.

My level of respect for Frank, Thome or Konerko hasn't changed today, but I say that not as an insult.

This thread is because Frank actually COOPERATED and by virtue of that, proved that all these other chumps are fakes. It makes his baseball standing even higher above all these other guys.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
I don't get this thread.

It had absolutely nothing to do with any sort of link to steroids. No one's ever really believed that Frank had anything to do with it.

It's just on days like today, you can truly appreciate what Frank Thomas was and is for baseball, and especially for Chicago White Sox baseball.