Carlos Quentin

JohnCangelosi

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Dec 21, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Carlos Quentin's Lifetime Stats:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7485

Am I missing something here? Why are we so high on him? What is his upside? I realize he has been hurt and is pretty much a rookie but what do we really know about him?

His minor league stats should answer that pretty quickly.

The quick 4: .312 .427 .526 953. .953 OPS in the minors is good. He came up and hit 9 home runs in the big leagues in his first 166 at bats. His big league numbers were hurt last year by injury.

Nice article on Fields and Quentin on whitesox.com

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

There are some other good nuggets as well, regarding Prior (no interest at this time (which means he'll be ours tomorrow)), and Fields being clearly aware that he could be dealt "If I am still with the White Sox..."

Also, supposedly Cabrera being open to an extension.

Quentin is a huge pick up. The guy will single handedly change the offense last year. Kenny made a huge move here and is getting no credit whatsoever.

I feel kinda glad going into this year seeing how big of sleepers the Sox are. I feel really good about this team being a 90-95 win team and they are jsut not getting any respect.

:gosox2:

Edited by POPPY_HIDALGO

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 07:21 AM)
Quentin is a huge pick up. The guy will single handedly change the offense last year. Kenny made a huge move here and is getting no credit whatsoever.

I feel kinda glad going into this year seeing how big of sleepers the Sox are. I feel really good about this team being a 90-95 win team and they are jsut not getting any respect.

i dont post around these woods much anymore but i had to for this one poppy.......

i must respond by saying....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

and if im wrong, i will place any sig in my profile you chose. =D

QUOTE(beck72 @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 05:03 AM)
Quentin's ability to get on base, while not clogging the bases, could be huge for the sox. That kind of hitting eye he showed in the minors is hard to teach.

We can only hope his minor league numbers project to big-time major league success. If it was a sure thing he wouldn't have been available. It was worth Chris Carter to find out IMO.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 21, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
Nice article on Fields and Quentin on whitesox.com

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

What is with this comment by Fields:

"We have a competitive friendship, and if I'm still with the White Sox, I'll look forward to him pushing me."
Still with the Sox? Does he know something, or is he just being realistic due to the Crede situation?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
What is with this comment by Fields: Still with the Sox? Does he know something, or is he just being realistic due to the Crede situation?

I think he's being realistic. This isn't PK we're talking about. Fields isn't privy to the moves...at least not yet.

BTW, what are the chances that Quentin can lead off? I know he isn't a prototypical leadoff hitter, but if he can get on base and at least go from first to third and maybe steal a few bases that might be what they need. Is that too much pressure to put on him or could it work?

QUOTE(G&T @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 08:04 AM)
I think he's being realistic. This isn't PK we're talking about. Fields isn't privy to the moves...at least not yet.
I was thinking maybe they informed him that moving him was a possibility or something along those lines.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 11:06 AM)
I was thinking maybe they informed him that moving him was a possibility or something along those lines.

They might have, but he could have read that information in any newspaper. Remember, he had to know that he was included in any deal for Cabrera, so he realizes that he is a trading chip.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 21, 2007 -> 06:37 PM)
I don't know if the Sox have a single position player above Rookie ball who put up a .900+ OPS in 2007.

One. Danny Richar at .956. Josh Fields was close at .891 and probably would have ended up over .900 if he played a full season in Charlotte.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE(scenario @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 10:27 AM)
One. Danny Richar at .956. Josh Fields was close at .891 and probably would have ended up over .900 if he played a full season in Charlotte.

Richar did put that up in just 32 games however. Although he did post a .827 OPS with ARZ in 66 games, so if you combine them, it's closer.