Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

About six months months ago a supervisor at work took my picture while I was washing my hands.She told me to look up and smile,a very random moment and I didnt think anything of it at the time.Yesterday people are greeting me in the hallways about how Iam a "medical model" and I have no idea what they are talking about,I just giggeled and went on.Turns out my picture is a screen saver on every computer for the notice "Remember to always wash your hands before patient contact".It is so embarrassing,I have a look of jubilation on my face just to be washing my hands.Iam that guy on those stupid pictures of sanitation and I feel like I have been violated. :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 09:13 AM)
About six months months ago a supervisor at work took my picture while I was washing my hands.She told me to look up and smile,a very random moment and I didnt think anything of it at the time.Yesterday people are greeting me in the hallways about how Iam a "medical model" and I have no idea what they are talking about,I just giggeled and went on.Turns out my picture is a screen saver on every computer for the notice "Remember to always wash your hands before patient contact".It is so embarrassing,I have a look of jubilation on my face just to be washing my hands.Iam that guy on those stupid pictures of sanitation and I feel like I have been violated. :D

There's an episode of Scrubs about this....

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 03:04 AM)
That doesn't sound very promising for your future in reference to humor expected, then. :huh:

you don't understand my fascination with beards, ask jason.

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 12:13 AM)

You could always be a hand model.

"Just like Ray McKechnie". Not the master of his domain.

Are there any economically-inclined people who could try and put the "crowded out effect" into more layman terms?

If I need to be more specific, I need help with regards to what the "crowded out effect" does to interest rates. Combining my in-class notes with what Wikipedia says... The government borrows more money which means it's going to spend more money. More money out there means a higher money supply which, in turn, means a higher demand for money. Once there's a higher demand for money, the interest rates rise. I also have Y in there but I'm having a difficult time making sense of it -- Y (presumably income or GDP) rises with government spending but falls (just a slight fall, though) when interest rates go back up?

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
Are there any economically-inclined people who could try and put the "crowded out effect" into more layman terms?

If I need to be more specific, I need help with regards to what the "crowded out effect" does to interest rates. Combining my in-class notes with what Wikipedia says... The government borrows more money which means it's going to spend more money. More money out there means a higher money supply which, in turn, means a higher demand for money. Once there's a higher demand for money, the interest rates rise. I also have Y in there but I'm having a difficult time making sense of it -- Y (presumably income or GDP) rises with government spending but falls (just a slight fall, though) when interest rates go back up?

Think of it in terms of cost. Anything that costs more, is going to have less buyers, assuming normal behavior. If government borrows more money it drives up the cost of money, because it is the worlds largest user of money. At a point, it makes money to expensive, even for itself, so it cuts back on its own spending because money gets too expensive (I% gets too high, making borrowing too expensive).

Y is income, GDP in a macro sense.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 03:35 AM)
Think of it in terms of cost. Anything that costs more, is going to have less buyers, assuming normal behavior. If government borrows more money it drives up the cost of money, because it is the worlds largest user of money. At a point, it makes money to expensive, even for itself, so it cuts back on its own spending because money gets too expensive (I% gets too high, making borrowing too expensive).

Y is income, GDP in a macro sense.

Greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 08:12 PM)
No prob...

Anyone else still check their change for things like wheat pennies or new quarters? I was excited I got my first 2008 coins today.

I check my change pretty religiously for wheat pennies and bicentennial quarters and such, but I stopped keeping up with the state quarters after the first 25 mostly just due to lack of time to set them aside. Probably a good summer project for me to help my kids with, they're pretty big into the coins too.

I think I've seen all 4 of the 2007 presidential dollars but I haven't held onto any. The Tooth Fairy at our house uses gold dollars and so that's probably where most of thos ended up and the kids probably have them in a shoebox somewhere. The Monroe dollar coin was issued in February I think but I haven't noted seeing any.