Who likes the Swisher trade?

striker

204 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Swisher trade?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE(max power @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 06:35 PM)
Ozzie will probably leave him alone. He is a bit older and more proven than the people he had issues with in the past.

I hope so because swish is a great player. I hope we get something out of the three we got for swish.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

De Los Santos will probably be a pretty decent reliever. Sweeney is still young enough to have a solid chance at being a starting outfielder but not quite of Swisher's caliber, and he showed talent before injuring himself last year, but I expect gio to fail. Those are just my guesses.

QUOTE(max power @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
De Los Santos will probably be a pretty decent reliever. Sweeney is still young enough to have a solid chance at being a starting outfielder but not quite of Swisher's caliber, and he showed talent before injuring himself last year, but I expect gio to fail. Those are just my guesses.

considering what we had in swish I dont like it.

However I have all the faith in billy beane because hes a top 5 GM. Soon when cisco field opens up we'll be good and have money to actually sign FA's

QUOTE(A's fan @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
considering what we had in swish I dont like it.

However I have all the faith in billy beane because hes a top 5 GM. Soon when cisco field opens up we'll be good and have money to actually sign FA's

Are you the lone A's fan who actually LIKES the move to Fremont? Because just about every A's fan I have come into contact with in the Bay area HATES that move more than anything.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 07:35 PM)
Are you the lone A's fan who actually LIKES the move to Fremont? Because just about every A's fan I have come into contact with in the Bay area HATES that move more than anything.

No, I hate the damn move because the management is screwing the colseium and oakland untill they open cisco but if it maskes the A's better I'm going to have to roll with it. I go to the colesium all the time for raiders,A's games.

QUOTE(max power @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)

The move to Oakland I think will really help Gio's development. I don't think he fails at all. In fact, I think he's the safest bet out of this bunch. And, at this point, I think Ryan Sweeney is completely hit or miss; if he can show the bat speed and strength to turn on that inside pitch or hit for power the other way, he's going to be a stud; if not, I see him as a 4th outfielder.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 01:29 AM)
The move to Oakland I think will really help Gio's development. I don't think he fails at all. In fact, I think he's the safest bet out of this bunch. And, at this point, I think Ryan Sweeney is completely hit or miss; if he can show the bat speed and strength to turn on that inside pitch or hit for power the other way, he's going to be a stud; if not, I see him as a 4th outfielder.

Sounds fine. Not going to argue about these guys. I'm sure everybody has an opinion.