American Gladiators

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
In the guys eliminator, he finished in 1:19. However, the "aired" version was 1:26. So, they actually lengthened the eliminator by taking the clock off the screen and cutting to the guy who was trailing.

Not sure what ya mean. I remember it being 1:19 when he finished. He beat his old time by 1 second.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
Not sure what ya mean. I remember it being 1:19 when he finished. He beat his old time by 1 second.

He did. But if you use a stop watch while watching it... from the moment he starts to the moment he crosses the line it was 1:26 even though the TV said 1:19.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
He did. But if you use a stop watch while watching it... from the moment he starts to the moment he crosses the line it was 1:26 even though the TV said 1:19.

Did he get a 6 second head start?

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)

Please tell me you read that somewhere and you weren't sitting in front of the tv with your stop watch.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
Did he get a 6 second head start?

no, it was in the editing. Basically, it cuts from Evan being on the second to last step of the pyramid to the other guy, then cuts back 6 seconds and Evan hadn't moved any higher on the pyramid. It caught my eye. Basically, they were making it a little more dramatic.

• 3 months later...
QUOTE (Brian @ May 30, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)
Anyone following Season 2?

The new Eliminator is brutally hard.

Crush is still hot.

I'm watching it. I generally DVR it, then skip through all of the blabbering to the competitions. Phoenix, Venom, and Crush are all hot.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 31, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
Shes fighting on CBS tonight. So is Kimbo. That might be two of the biggest MMA tickets right now.

I heard she didn't make weight for tonight.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 31, 2008 -> 12:34 PM)
I heard she didn't make weight for tonight.

True, but shes still fighting.

Carano is scheduled to fight against former Hook n Shoot champion Kaitlin Young on the CBS EliteXC debut on May 31, 2008.[6] On March 30, 2008, a day before the fight, it was announced that Carano failed to make weight for her fight (140), after weighing in at 144.5 lbs. She agreed to take a 12.5% "show" purse deduction which will go to Young, and the fight remained on the card.