Comcast adding WCIU HD (SOXNET)

Steve9347

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
I'm a bit slow... what exactly does it mean by them adding WCIU HD?

Previously they only offered WCIU, so anytime the Sox played and the U had the game it looked like crap unless you set up an antennae or split your cable and ran it straight to your tv... now, its part of the HD package and will be channel 183.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)
when it comes to this stuff, yes... but my brain is ultra fast when it comes to football (and math) ;)

You sure???........ :) and fixed. :D

But as far as WCIU finally though. I'm in the minority who loves WCIU because I live in the area, it comes out the most clear on screen, and theres not much screwups you see (CSN, ESPN) on the network. But all in all... good.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 10:58 PM)
You sure???........ :) and fixed. :D

But as far as WCIU finally though. I'm in the minority who loves WCIU because I live in the area, it comes out the most clear on screen, and theres not much screwups you see (CSN, ESPN) on the network. But all in all... good.

Except the 10 times a game where they come back late from break and we miss the first pitch or 2 of the inning.

so let me get this straight

now, when games are on WCIU, they will be on my local comcast sports net station as well?

last year i missed every wciu game because we don't get WCIU in central IL

does this mean I will be able to watch literally every game now?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 11:02 PM)
Except the 10 times a game where they come back late from break and we miss the first pitch or 2 of the inning.

Ditto on that one! granted, I don't have a problem with picture quality either, but..When it comes showing a game, they cut out many pitches, plus there is no pre-game show, or post game show either.

Because of these 3 reasons.......... The Executives at WCIU had their call letters made up for the way tha they broadcast Sox games.

Namely ...We.... Chop.... It.... Up

Finally, i have actually called comcast and complained multiple times about this. The funniest part is that during the broadcasts they would say WCIU is broadcast in HD presented by Comcast, and then comcast didn't even carry it on its systems in chicago. What a joke.b

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)
To me, the channel still looks like crap in HD.

That's because right now none of it is really an HD broadcast. When they play old episodes of Martin or whatever it's obviously not going to be HD, but when they play Sox/Cubs games it will look identical to WGN's HD broadcast I presume.

Of course, that's only at home, because for some reason in the year 2008 it's still too expensive and not worth the money for them to acquire a road game HD feed for home viewers who pay upwards of $100/month for their cable.

/rant

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 12:11 PM)
That's because right now none of it is really an HD broadcast. When they play old episodes of Martin or whatever it's obviously not going to be HD, but when they play Sox/Cubs games it will look identical to WGN's HD broadcast I presume.

Of course, that's only at home, because for some reason in the year 2008 it's still too expensive and not worth the money for them to acquire a road game HD feed for home viewers who pay upwards of $100/month for their cable.

/rant

Nope, I've seen Sox games on WCIU in HD. It still looked like poop.