knightni

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sigh... Baseball Tonight has become so pathetic. Steve Phillips just said that the Tigers will score 1000 runs and be the best offense in the history of baseball. Making things worse, tonights "analysts" are Eric Young and John Kruk. The former can't put a sentence together while the latter once admitted on radio that ESPN gives them controversial things to say on the air. Oh yeah, and he sucks too.

How far has that show fallen. Ravich is terrible now, too, as he -- for some reason -- feels the need to interject his opinion. He's equally clueless and was much better when he was asked to 'drive' the discussions between Gammons and Reynolds.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 06:57 PM)
Sigh... Baseball Tonight has become so pathetic. Steve Phillips just said that the Tigers will score 1000 runs and be the best offense in the history of baseball. Making things worse, tonights "analysts" are Eric Young and John Kruk. The former can't put a sentence together while the latter once admitted on radio that ESPN gives them controversial things to say on the air. Oh yeah, and he sucks too.

How far has that show fallen. Ravich is terrible now, too, as he -- for some reason -- feels the need to interject his opinion. He's equally clueless and was much better when he was asked to 'drive' the discussions between Gammons and Reynolds.

I agree. BTN has become horrible. Eric Young cannot speak, yet ESPN pays him hundreds of thousands a year to do just that. You used to get some information from that show. Not anymore.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
Well, Fukudome's going to be a legend. I hate this baseball season already.

It's one game!! I mean, the anger can't be overstated for our game since it was everything but fixed, but if your going to let the Cubs make you miserable this early, you'll end up killing yourself. At least wait until July for that misery.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
The reason the Brewers are going to finish behind the Cubs in the NL central just blew a 3-0 lead faster than you can say Gagne sucks. Not sure what Milwaukee was thinking with that signing.

Fielder just made about the dumbest defensive play I have ever seen.

It'll be interesting to see how Riske does now that he's in the NL. He's been a quality middle reliever in the AL -- does that mean he'll be a good setup man, dare I say close in the NL? Or does the anti-clutch aura around him transition over to the NL too?

Edited by CWSGuy406

fathom is happy. Sure we lost, but so did the Cubs.

As for Riske, he'll be fine. He has shown he can get AL hitters out over the years, so getting to face those pathetic NL lineups should be a revival for him.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
You seriously are insane. LET IT GO

In a season where I don't think the Sox have a chance in hell to make the postseason, I'll also root very hard for whoever is facing the Cubs. I will say it was nice to listen to the 10th inning on 620 AM.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 11:25 PM)
Rooting for them to lose is one thing. Clearly worrying about them more than the Sox on Opening Day is a different story. During the Sox comeback, making posts in the Cubs thread about their game is sad.

I was at work, so I was following both games on yahoo. I think it's bulls*** for you to say I was worrying more about them. You know I like you, but you're wrong with this. There were even people in the Sox gamethread that made comments about what was happening in the Cubs game. I don't see anyone blasting them.

Edited by fathom

Are we really going to have this conversation again? Guess what, a great deal of people LOVE seeing the cubs lose(myself included). However, there isn't one of us here who take more joy in that than a Sox win. That's the bottom line. We're not going to stop posting about the Cubs anytime soon, either.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
So... MLB had Atlanta play Opening Night in Washington for just a one-game 'series'? That strikes me as odd.

I saw that Washington played Philadelphia today and I figured it was a mistake. Nope, sure as s*** that was perfectly correct.

It's downright stupid.