Name Your Favorite City

Rex Kickass

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)
Paris. Ugh.

It's a great place to visit for a few days, but its very difficult to live in.

Really? My brother lived there for over 10 years and loved it. I always enjoyed my visits, but that obviously was just for a week or 2 at a time.

For the US I like Chicago and NY the best, but Chicago is a lot cheaper at least for housing and therefore more livable IMO. I wouldn't mind spending a couple of years in Paris or London or Amsterdam. One great place to go if you want to see beautiful women is Copenhagen. It seems almost every female there looks like a model.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 10:48 AM)
Columbus doesn't surprise me at all. It's one of the few cities in the midwest that I think I could move back to and be happy. Thanks to having the largest University in the country in the middle of the place, there's a pretty vibrant cultural life. Plus High Street=Fun.

Yep, for sure. I just thought it was funny b/c people were saying Paris and London, and I came in here with Columbus. But yes, great city. I think I would like to go to grad school at The OSU.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
Really? I've never been there, but I had the impression that it was a broken down oil town that never really came back to life.

reborn. SS is right, great coastal city.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 04:35 AM)
Anyone been to New Zealand? I'll be there for a couple weeks in Feb, all over the south island. I'm curious of people's impressions.

Never been, but a lot of people rave about New Zealand and the scenery, beautiful mountains etc.

Personally, too many sheep for my liking though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 05:22 PM)
Never been, but a lot of people rave about New Zealand and the scenery, beautiful mountains etc.

Personally, too many sheep for my liking though.

you got your eyes on a special one, eh?

Shetland or Katahdin ?

I won't judge you. :lol:

wait, you're Australian, not Irish.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 05:37 PM)
Do you know PA that the sheep to human ratio in New Zealand is at least 10:1.

As for those names, well I have no idea what you're going with there.

Is that what they called them in the Amish Farms? :P

you're clearly the sheep expert, not me :P

I visited Minneapolis recently, and absolutely loved it. I like Chicago, but whenever I go downtown, it's a nice place, but I don't feel too comfortable there. Minneapolis was just fantastic, though, and I loved it.

St. Louis is a nice city, they really like their sports teams and have great BBQ, but it's way too humid in the summer.

Cities I'd love to go to:

San Diego

New York

LA

Seattle

Austin

Dallas

Houston

Philadelphia

Boston

Great Falls

Billings

London

Berlin

Amsterdam

Copenhagen

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 07:16 PM)
I visited Minneapolis recently, and absolutely loved it. I like Chicago, but whenever I go downtown, it's a nice place, but I don't feel too comfortable there. Minneapolis was just fantastic, though, and I loved it.

St. Louis is a nice city, they really like their sports teams and have great BBQ, but it's way too humid in the summer.

San Diego

New York

LA

Seattle

Austin

Dallas

Houston

Philadelphia

Boston

Great Falls

Billings

London

Berlin

Amsterdam

Copenhagen

I have three questions for you about St. Louis. What BBQ place did you eat at? What did you do here that you liked? What do you like about the Rams?

Never mind question 3, I thought you said you liked the sports teams.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

1) Chicago-- Be back there soon!! Cant wait!! I miss it sooo much

2) San Diego--- been in Carlsbad many times since my Grandma lives there, jsut lvoe the feeling of the air and the beaches.

3) Italy--- Im just gonna name the whole country because every city I went to I loved there, especially Rome and Venice. Capri/Naples was very cool to though, very similar I thought to California

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 08:24 PM)
I have three questions for you about St. Louis. What BBQ place did you eat at? What did you do here that you liked? What do you like about the Rams?

Never mind question 3, I thought you said you liked the sports teams.

I ate at a few. Blueberry Hill was pretty good, I honestly can't remember the names of the others. There is this market area just off of Delmar (right by Fitz's) that has a fantastic barbecue place in it, I forget the name of it, though.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)

San Diego

New York

LA

Seattle

Austin

Dallas

Houston

Philadelphia

Boston

Great Falls

Billings

London

Berlin

Amsterdam

Copenhagen

Philly is interesting as of late, but the people there are generally horrible and the city is old and difficult to navigate if you aren't taking public transportation.

I love Copenhagen, its a very very relaxed city and I could see myself spending a long time there.

1) Chicago-obligatory, but also I'd love to move back to the area and live in the city eventually, get some Sox season tix.. obviously the food is a huge plus.

2) Montreal-VERY cool, great city to walk in.. I've had nothing but great times every visit-LOVE the food.

3) New York-Even though I go with frequency, I've still come nowhere close to doing everything I'd like to do there... outstanding food (I'm sensing a trend)

4) Osaka/Kobe-I didn't get to see Tokyo when I visited, but these two nearby cities were a good representation of urban Japan, and it's just like a different world. Lotta fun, and the ladies really dig blonde dudes.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
4) Osaka/Kobe-I didn't get to see Tokyo when I visited, but these two nearby cities were a good representation of urban Japan, and it's just like a different world. Lotta fun, and the ladies really dig blonde dudes.

They love you long time?