WLS Reporting Body Parts Found

The Critic

Just for arguments sake, lets say that those body parts found are indeed Stacy Peterson. At this point, Drew Peterson has had his young children in his care since she disappeared, all the while many things have been pointing to the fact "He did it". Isnt there something wrong with a suspected murderer(possible double murderer) having custody of his kids while the investigation is taking place?

What happens if they find out this is Stacy, word hits the news and all the sudden Drew has his kids hostage? It just seems irresponsible to me.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)
Just for arguments sake, lets say that those body parts found are indeed Stacy Peterson. At this point, Drew Peterson has had his young children in his care since she disappeared, all the while many things have been pointing to the fact "He did it". Isnt there something wrong with a suspected murderer(possible double murderer) having custody of his kids while the investigation is taking place?

What happens if they find out this is Stacy, word hits the news and all the sudden Drew has his kids hostage? It just seems irresponsible to me.

Its obviously an unfortunate situation but he is innocent in the eyes of the law.There is no other way to go about it,you cant take his kids away.This whole situation is a Lifetime movie,ugh, I hate that channel.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 09:07 AM)
Its obviously an unfortunate situation but he is innocent in the eyes of the law.There is no other way to go about it,you cant take his kids away.This whole situation is a Lifetime movie,ugh, I hate that channel.

Exactly, he is innocent until proven guilty. I think the ACLU would have a field day if they took his kids away. If they had arrested him and he's out on bail, then his kids would be taken away.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 05:18 PM)
All signs don't point to him being guilty as much as I thought he was. The text messages on her phone points to her definitely being a cheater. Her mother disappearing and never being found in a similar fashion. Then there is also that letter stating she was spotted in Kentucky with some guy.

I dunno. I know I havent been following this case as much as other people but I thought I heard the text messages were from a CPU and if that was the case I think thats extremely suspicious.

Her Mother may have been able to pull off a vanishing act back in the day, but nowadays it is practically impossible. Her cell phone went silent, no money withdrawn, no clothes packed, she just dropped off the face of the planet. These random and anonymous sightings of her in Peoria, Cincinatti, and now Kentucky dont really sound like credible sightings since no one will put their name on it and it all comes in the form of anonymous letters sent to Drew. It just doesnt make sense, Stacy would be found by now if she was alive.

The thing that bothers me is,why does Drew not seemed very worried?One,either he did it and he knows he covered it up so well no one will find out.Secondly,he didnt do anything wrong so he just doesnt have anything to hide.Third, he did it and he is such a sick man he doesnt care about one day to the next.And lastly maybe he thinks he is invincible from his history of being in charge and his history of getting away with his previous wifes murder.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 08:04 AM)
The thing that bothers me is,why does Drew not seemed very worried?One,either he did it and he knows he covered it up so well no one will find out.Secondly,he didnt do anything wrong so he just doesnt have anything to hide.Third, he did it and he is such a sick man he doesnt care about one day to the next.And lastly maybe he thinks he is invincible from his history of being in charge and his history of getting away with his previous wifes murder.

Bolding all of the important opinions about the case?

I could see this whole thing unraveling into one of those "48 Hour Murder Mystery" shows on the Biography channel.

The case is so bizarre. its hard to wrap my head around the fact that if he really did kill Stacy, Drew is just sitting there laughing at all of us knowing that he is somehow getting away with it.

Imagine the detectives in this case Kyyle.They obviously know more than we do and Iam sure they lean towards guilty as sin for Drew.But not having the proof for a court room even though they can sense his guilt through interviews with Drew and people in Drews life.It has to be frustrating for them.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 08:31 AM)
Imagine the detectives in this case Kyyle.They obviously know more than we do and Iam sure they lean towards guilty as sin for Drew.But not having the proof for a court room even though they can sense his guilt through interviews with Drew and people in Drews life.It has to be frustrating for them.

TIFWIW, my best friend was at a christmas party this year and the subject of Drew Peterson came up. A guy who is a firefighter at a city nearby bolingbrook said that the reason this whole thing is taking forever is because there are some big dominos in the Bolingbrook Police Dept that are going to fall once Stacy is found(presumably dead), and Kathleen Savio is going to play a big part in that.

Once again, tifwiw, it was a christmas party.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 08:36 AM)
TIFWIW, my best friend was at a christmas party this year and the subject of Drew Peterson came up. A guy who is a firefighter at a city nearby bolingbrook said that the reason this whole thing is taking forever is because there are some big dominos in the Bolingbrook Police Dept that are going to fall once Stacy is found(presumably dead), and Kathleen Savio is going to play a big part in that.

Once again, tifwiw, it was a christmas party.

Are you refering to detectives that are on the case?Or just people involved from the Bolingbrook police dept that havent cooperated to the full extent?

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 08:40 AM)
Are you refering to detectives that are on the case?Or just people involved from the Bolingbrook police dept that havent cooperated to the full extent?

People involved in the cover-up of the savio case, the autopsy and conclusion in the savio case, some of the strange goings on with Stacy Peterson.

There is a belief that there is more than a little cover-up for Drew.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 08:04 AM)

This the whole answer, IMO.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 06:18 PM)
Then there is also that letter stating she was spotted in Kentucky with some guy.

Oh yes. Drew himself has received multiple letters and multiple phone calls from people claiming to have seen her.

These people are either crazy, stupid, or both.

I mean, lets just say you saw Stacy Peterson at the mall today. What would you do? I would 1. Alert local authorities. 2. Alert the Bollingbrook authorities. I would never write a letter (look up the home address/phone number) of her husband. How f***ing nuts do you have to be to do that?

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/7589...sideB25.article

A suggestion by Drew Peterson and his lawyer that the ex-Bolingbrook cop look for dates on a popular Chicago radio program irritated relatives of Peterson's missing wife and some listeners.

But an e-mail response by Peterson's lawyer, Joel Brodsky, really ticked off one already angry listener.

"This is not a joke, idiots. Someone is still missing," Deborah Valure wrote in a blistering e-mail to Brodsky -- whom she also called a "pig" -- after she heard the Chicago attorney and Peterson bantering on-air Wednesday morning with DJ Steve Dahl.

Brodsky had suggested Dahl host a dating contest for Drew Peterson. Station officials, however, quickly nixed the idea.

Brodsky's response to Valure only infuriated her. "What's the matter, Deborah, not getting any?" Brodsky replied in a Thursday e-mail.

Drew's lawyer seems to be cut from the same fabric as Drew.